Shenmue The Animation Announced

I'm never usually a fan of anime shows having 13 episodes, they more often than not are really rushed in certain areas and end up with a messy ending. Second seasons can help though, so hopefully this is successful enough to get it.

Introducing the series to anime fans could be great for building up interest in Shenmue 4.

More fans more exposure more games! I'm definitely intrigued by the "Mature/Adult" direction this will take! Would love to see more mature themes explored in Shenmue IV as well! Rated M for Mature not for pansy ass twits!
I want to see Nozomi's panties. 😅😏😍

This announcement is awesome, this art is so beautiful, i'm so happy with this. 😍 Yu Suzuki is producing, SEGA is involved, amazing news.

Like i said before i think we will see the boat chapter and many other things that was cut in the games, we can see more about characters like Tom, Mark, Xiuying, Nozomi, Ziming and many others, this is a great opportunity for Yu Suzuki to do that.

I said a few days ago and i will say again, we can have both things, Anime and the game Shenmue IV. I'm so happy right now. Shenmue is alive, i'm ready for this. 😁

This announcement is awesome, this art is so beautiful, i'm so happy with this. 😍 Yu Suzuki is producing, SEGA is involved, amazing news.

Like i said before i think we will see the boat chapter and many other things that was cut in the games, we can see more about characters like Tom, Mark, Xiuying, Nozomi, Ziming and many others, this is a great opportunity for Yu Suzuki to do that.

I said a few days ago and i will say again, we can have both things, Anime and the game Shenmue IV. I'm so happy right now. Shenmue is alive, i'm ready for this. 😁

Would this really be possible with a 13 episode anime though? I have seen anime shows try this a lot and they more often than not struggle with focusing on multiple characters with that many episodes.

:hmm: Yeah, this is kind of what I was worried about. This is really not at all what I was hoping for, but I'm happy for fans who are really excited about it.

I expect it to end up being fairly popular, since it's being directed by the guy who did OPM. I'm gonna have to prepare myself for new-blood that starts talking some mess about Yu Suzuki needing to turn over the directorial duties for the games.

I am interested in the part where it seems to be covering the original scripts more closely than the games. For that reason alone, I have to watch, but I would have preferred it in another form.

So, fan service? Like Joy flashing Ryo? 🤪 lol
I know you're joking, but I really hope not--. Probably Iwao's death will be pretty gruesome, though.

Lan Di looks damn good in that teaser image.
Shenhua's wearing her old outfit. (Good! I prefer that outfit on her)
Ryo...looks like Ryo. Awesome.

Old font is a nice touch.

I do wonder how it's gonna play out? If it's Yokosuka through Bailu then how will it play out over 13 eps? Obviously Yokosuka will be pretty quick (like one to three eps I would imagine.) Wan Chai, Kowloon and Guilin would theoretically take up the bulk of the series, right? And then maybe a little of Bailu?

If it is an abridged version of the first two games then the pace should be pretty quick due to the 13 episodes.

Also, I can't wait to see Xiuying's design. Show me Xiuying!

Back