Shenmue The Animation Announced

IT'S HERE!!!!!

So not much to go on, but it's great to see Yu-san! It's good to know that the director is clear that he respects the source material :)

The stream freezes every second for me. So if someone could put a summary of anything new it would be great.

Yeah, it was sad we didn't see any of the actual animation, but we will in time.
It was nice to see the director talk about it though and wanting to do it justice.

Was a small (2 question) interview with Yu Suzuki and Chikara Sakurai (I believe). Just asked them what they think about the project, what they want it to capture & their approach. Pretty cool though. Can't wait for a trailer though!

Disappointed that there wasn’t a trailer to show, but I’ll take an interview with Yu Suzuki any day!

It's OK. At the moment, it's enough to know it exists (which lest we forget, 24 hours ago we weren't 100% sure it was a thing).

I would've loved a teaser of some kind, but hey-ho!

No trailer sadly, but nice suit for Suzuki-san:

View attachment 8893

BTW you can rewatch the video on demand, and change the resolution to get smoother frame rate if you need.

Yu-san's quote is scarily accurate...I think it would've helped if there was something to cater for new fans. I hope it won't intimidate curious fans in that there's a lot of material when really there isn't.

Back