Shenmue The Animation Announced

@Sergeynest I would support such a collectors edition for sure. I would watch the Show even twice. On crunchy role and I would also buy the dvd or blu ray for my collection.

I have no real concerns about the anime. It might not be perfect. Migh be even feel rushed to some degrees but it is a miracle that the Anime is made in the first place.

Normally only super commercially sucessful properties get an adapation for another media. Shenmue is not everbodys darling so it is little miracle that some higher ups in the Anime world see the potential of such a show.

Going to support it as much as I can. Even when it is not perfect and somehow flawed.

Found this Anime called Orange while researching for Animes created by Telecom Animation Studio; the studio that is creating the Shenmue Anime. I believe it is the closest to the Shenmue Anime in terms of setting; and I can easily portrait the main characters as being Ryo and Nozomi and the other as their friends from school.
I've seen a few episodes and all I can say is that is well worth to watch; but be prepared because this one is going to hit your emotions hard. The soundtrack is also amazing to listen to.

You can watch it here:

Last edited:
Check the trailer for this Anime that is coming to Netflix; looks like a good one for Shenmue / Yakuza fans and househusbands :ROFLMAO: to watch.

Didn't know that this anime was an adaptation of the TV series; I've got to watch this; looks great.

I started reading the manga for that recently...quite amusing. I like what I've read so far. Keen to check out the adaptation next month.

It's coming November 2021 everyone! All aborad the hype train!!
1616612243107.png
Edit: Sorry everyone, false alarm. I re-checked with my friend and it was another user (who is also on here) that he is friends with that sent him the image. It is confirmed fake from both of them. I won't name him though but don't bait us shenmue fans please we've had enough of that in the past. --__--

Attachments

• 1616612195924.png
    1616612195924.png
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
People responding to the Dojo twitter seem to think this is fake.

My friend who sent the image later sent me this,
TMS Expo! Looks like the tweet was deleted quickly.
Early leak? ๐Ÿ‘€
1616612949154.png

Seems legit. I don't see any point in folks go through the trouble of faking things like this. Makes no sense. It's not like it's some super hard to believe news.

Seems legit. I don't see any point in folks go through the trouble of faking things like this. Makes no sense. It's not like it's some super hard to believe news.
Yeah he's not even a big shenmue fan either (or a hater), just happened to notice it on his timeline scrolling through twitter and screenshotted it. He has no reason to fake it.

*Insert eggplant emoji*

Ooo, this is exciting! Imagine if it came out on the end of November to mirror when the original Shenmue is set?

Fuck sorry everyone, my friend got baited from some other dude in the community. Ugh it's fake. Forgive me :(

We're checking it out but ATM no reason to think it is fake. That other account tweets Telecom Animation stuff who are making the Anime

I mean I would still check out the expo lmao

347DD5AC-AB5E-4BD3-BEED-ACF6268D8D3A.jpeg
Itโ€™s fake, checked the TMS Expo website and theyโ€™ve already revealed what going to be shown there. No signs of Shenmue. AnimeJapan is this weekend so thereโ€™s still hope but for now, no news.

Back