Shenmue Undub: Definitive Edition Released

Any chance of getting a GDI or at least CDI version? MDF/MSD doesn't play nice with the GDemu SD Card Maker.

Edit: A quick work around is putting the files on the card manually as they work fine on the GDemu it's self. Still would like an uncompressed GDI if it's possible.🙏

More edits: The YS logo sound has a crazy sound glitch that wasn't there before...
What did you name the files to get them working? The usual filenames for GDEMU don't seem to be working for me; the discs don't appear in the menu at all.

What did you name the files to get them working? The usual filenames for GDEMU don't seem to be working for me; the discs don't appear in the menu at all.
So just rename the MDS file to "disc.MDS" and leave the MDF file named what it is ("ShenmueUndub-DefinitiveVer-DISC 3.mdf" etc), pop it in it's own numbered folder like usual and it should work (though it may require the latest firmware which I updated to a few months ago).

I thought I'd let you know that if you have a clone, do NOT update the firmware. It will brick the GDEMU.

Last edited:
@Shenmue AM2 Podcast

Some tips for burning to CD-Rs, courtesy of @>>GameHacKeR<< who has successfully tested it out:
  • Write the discs using Alcohol120% Free Edition and use the default settings and it should work perfectly, Also for good measure write using the slowest speed.
  • I've also heard that if your dreamcast has the number 2 on the bottom next to the pal\ntsc mark the selfboot copies don't work so make sure your dreamcast has the numbers 0 or 1 next to the pal\ntsc mark.

Last edited:
I use a software program called Daemon Tools to create a virtual drive of the files; then I selected that drive on DiscJuggler to create the cdi file.
Could you please tell me how to do that I don't know how to use both of those programs

Some good news for those who were asking: a GDI version is now available (post updated with the link), courtesy of Guillaume Nunes who kindly converted the images. Thanks to the Dojo for hosting the images!

Some good news for those who were asking: a GDI version is now available (post updated with the link), courtesy of Guillaume Nunes who kindly converted the images. Thanks to the Dojo for hosting the images!
That's great news! Thanks so much to all involved in making the GDI available! I notice the glitching Ys logo sound is fixed too! Great release!

very nice project ! I was thinking if possible to put ride-on version of Hang-on instead the upright ?

both for authenticity sake and gameplay, since I found analog calibration absolutely no good for the corners of the upright version

Back