Shenmue Watch Collection

Here's another one. It's OK. The crystal has a few deep cuts but is otherwise nice, the rest of the face has some wear and tear. The back is pretty heavily corroded, which is reasonably common on this watch and is what's preventing me from picking it up for fun. Doesn't come with the stock strap, obviously. Not an amazing deal but not the worst either at $60.

View attachment 13021

I picked this up cheap a couple of years ago and wear it regularly.

No idea what model it is, obviously it's different to the in game one but it's close enough for me.
View attachment 13021

I picked this up cheap a couple of years ago and wear it regularly.

No idea what model it is, obviously it's different to the in game one but it's close enough for me.
I've owned a number of these ones along with the Black/Gunmetal Shenmue version. The problem with the original bands is that the glue that holds the tail threading loop always debonds and separates. EVERYTIME with every original band I've gone through. Still like the watch though.

I'm a newbie around here, but ancient Shenmue fan from the good ol' DC days!

Impressive collection Fratis! I hope to find a black one with the red details one day, for now I'm happy with the Frankenstein I put together with a white and black ones, it turned out pretty good, only missing the right strap.

IMG_8724.jpg

I'll keep looking!

Cheers!

I have finally gotten the Shenmue watch but it's not the exact one in the games because that would bleed my wallet dry. Also, how does the compass in the watch work?

16947192435254126744992643610514.jpgHello everyone. I've had this watch for about 25 years. I stopped wearing it a long time ago because someone bought me a new watch as a gift. I found it in a drawer the other day and decided to put a new battery in it and it works perfect! The strap is missing the leather loop and there's a few scratches on the glass. My question is, is it model number t43371 as I can't seem to find any online with the darker coloured case and bezel? Also, what do you think it's worth? I'd like to start wearing it again but not if it's valuable as I have a habit of damaging watches! Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Andy

View attachment 18772Hello everyone. I've had this watch for about 25 years. I stopped wearing it a long time ago because someone bought me a new watch as a gift. I found it in a drawer the other day and decided to put a new battery in it and it works perfect! The strap is missing the leather loop and there's a few scratches on the glass. My question is, is it model number t43371 as I can't seem to find any online with the darker coloured case and bezel? Also, what do you think it's worth? I'd like to start wearing it again but not if it's valuable as I have a habit of damaging watches! Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Andy
That’s the one, Andy! Looks like it’s in great condition too.

You can check eBay for recently sold listings to get a sense of the value. I wouldn’t put too much stock in the exorbitantly priced and listings that haven’t sold for many months or even years.

That’s the one, Andy! Looks like it’s in great condition too.

You can check eBay for recently sold listings to get a sense of the value. I wouldn’t put too much stock in the exorbitantly priced and listings that haven’t sold for many months or even years.
Thanks for your advice, much appreciated 👍🏻

View attachment 18772Hello everyone. I've had this watch for about 25 years. I stopped wearing it a long time ago because someone bought me a new watch as a gift. I found it in a drawer the other day and decided to put a new battery in it and it works perfect! The strap is missing the leather loop and there's a few scratches on the glass. My question is, is it model number t43371 as I can't seem to find any online with the darker coloured case and bezel? Also, what do you think it's worth? I'd like to start wearing it again but not if it's valuable as I have a habit of damaging watches! Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Andy

Looks like it's in great condition! I'd love to own one of these one day if I could ever get one for the right price.

Back