Shenmue World Issue 1 Kickstarter!

I saw the email from the Shenmue Dojo about this Kickstarter in my inbox yesterday. I had no idea this project was even in the works but I've now backed it without hesitation. Never underestimate the power of a simple email to old Dojo members who otherwise might not have been paying close attention to what's going on over here.

Honestly, this magazine looks amazing. I'd be happy even just to get a digital PDF but the work and dedication that has clearly gone into this project is on another level. Congratulations to getting the whole thing funded so quickly!

Shenhua has been reading Shenmue World. She seems to be enjoying it

You'll be able to do the same soon!!

OfC51qZ.jpg

Last edited:
Look at the dirt on the window. That's unnecessary but very much appreciated Shenmue Detail for you.
That was from the last guest. See the way the "dirt" is running down the window in a familiar way? Bit of an exhibitionist. He was there for a fortnight. The cleaners smelled the scent of what they believed to be bleach when they entered the room each day and mistakenly thought the room had already been cleaned.

So I hear from my uncle at Ys Net, he is going to be a boss in Shenmue IV. Can't say any more than that, though.

I'd love the opportunity to contribute to future issues if possible! One idea could be photo's of us making the pilgrimage to Yokosuka in the form of a map. I have a photo my girlfriend took of me doing "martial arts" (I use the term loosely) in the children's park haha!

Yeah, I'd be cool with this too! (though I didn't take many pics...)

I was going to wait until today to back, since I go on the Dojo at work, 90% of the time I visit the site, but said screw it and backed Saturday afternoon lol.

Any way to help the series!

As well, @James Brown, count me in if you need someone to write a piece about the game (if not already in the mag or planned for the future, I'd love to write something about Xiuying).

Kudos for hitting the goal so quickly! (not a doubt in my mind it would be done)

If £20,000 is reached, the back door in the Hazuki Residence kitchen opens.

Don't even ask me what happens when £30,000 is reached.
Probably something illegal like this !! (I haven't watched it yet FYI :p) (link is totally NSFW BTW!)

the Magazine is a great idea. I just backed it on kickstarter. I hope the project will be backed completely. Cannot wait to read it.

Come on, guys - just £194 until I drop my dressing gown and lay down on the chaise longue 😘

Back