Shenmue World Issue 1 Kickstarter!

This isn't a knock or criticism on anyone; just a legit, genuine question, but how come you have to wait until payday to back?

Your card gets charged once the funding period ends, so who cares? lol
I waited because I had totally forgotten they don't charge until the funding period ends lol. I went a bit hard on Christmas gifts for family and friends and didn't want to dip into savings.

Thanks for supporting fellas. You're going to love it
I'm loving it already! Just the idea to have Shenmue oriented magazine is pretty exciting to me. And what we saw in the presentation video shows how much care was put into, it's really top notch. Can't wait!

I'm loving it already! Just the idea to have Shenmue oriented magazine is pretty exciting to me. And what we saw in the presentation video shows how much care was put into, it's really top notch. Can't wait!
@James Brown has worked really hard on this project. As you say, there is a lot of care put into this mag and it shows when you read it. My jaw literally dropped when i viewed it, so I know all of you will love it

James has also just made an FAQ section on the kickstarter page. Check it out everyone if you have any questions on your mind

I'm so happy to see we've almost reached the 200% mark! I made some comments on similar kickstarters to promote it and was chuffed to see that a kickstarter for a Dreamcast book make an update to promote it~

Guilty of not backing yet. Have to wait because I don't know what my budget will be next month, yet; will back in last few days for sure!

Regrettably wasn't able to back Gamer's Journey :(

I go to penalty box--I feel shame.

Guilty of not backing yet. Have to wait because I don't know what my budget will be next month, yet; will back in last few days for sure!

Regrettably wasn't able to back Gamer's Journey :(

I go to penalty box--I feel shame.
Don't worry, I wasn't able to back Gamer's Journey either :(

@James Brown can you share the tracklist for the CD or do you want it to be a surprise? :)
Sure man! I guess it's not really a surprise, I want to hit all of RyoX's ShenWave music eventually, so it made more sense for me to release it in order.

Collection Vol.1 contains all of ShenWave EP 1 and 2 including the bonus tracks you only get for grabbing it from RyoX's Bandcamp, and the final track is from his separate release which is a Shenmue medley. So you can expect a future issue to pick up from this and incorporate ShenWave 3 and 4 for example :)

__
Also, sorry for the lack of communication in here, i've read all of your comments, and you guys rock! Thanks so much to everyone, can't believe people are backing 2, and 3 copies too! A huge weight on my shoulders hope you all love it!

Incase you missed the update, because of the current funding amount, i've added a premium sticker sheet for everyone, it's something I originally wanted to do but was a little to expensive...didn't want to make the goal harder to reach, but you guys have smashed it so will add in some extra freebies :)

Last edited:
I've backed the project for two copies for myself and a friend, but is it possible to back again for a third copy? Do I just select the single copy after backing the double reward?

I've backed the project for two copies for myself and a friend, but is it possible to back again for a third copy? Do I just select the single copy after backing the double reward?
Hello, yes it is. You will, as you say, need to back for a single copy too :)

I think it needs to be a different account too btw, else it will think you are downgrading if that makes sense. The reason why I only added for 2 copies max was because of the weight of everything, a third would increase to the next shipping cost bracket...and also i'm buying packaging in bulk, and it would mean I would need to order specific unique packaging to fit for 3 lots. Thank you for your support!

Back