Shenmue World Issue 1 Kickstarter!

Finally backed this just now. Would have liked to have backed it on day one, but been too lazy.

Really glad to see this project has smashed its goal, and I'm sure getting the whole series out won't be a problem. Fair play to James for the brilliant work he's put into this, and also for not wanting to profit.

No problem; done just that.

What dimensions does the magazine use? I store them in bags so would be good to know in advance.
Hi sorry dude! Missed your question here and on Kickstarter recently haha.

Spud is sort of right with A5, but it's bigger than that, between A4 and A5 - 168mm width x 238mm height! Reminds me of those Japanese Shenmue guide books size. It's a really nice size! :)

My budget has been incredibly tight, but I managed it!

Super stoked for this. Looking forward to some quality content and a dose of nostalgia. Back in the day, I loved pouring over gaming mags for Shenmue info, and now I'll have a big, giant magazine to pour over!

Thanks to everyone involved for all their hard work!

Backed yesterday :) Finally.
My budget has been incredibly tight, but I managed it!

Super stoked for this. Looking forward to some quality content and a dose of nostalgia. Back in the day, I loved pouring over gaming mags for Shenmue info, and now I'll have a big, giant magazine to pour over!

Thanks to everyone involved for all their hard work!
Thanks for backing you guys. You're going to love it. @James Brown has put in a ton of love and effort into this project.

Yeah, finally got my pledge done yesterday! Done with an earlier morning stream, now going todo another bous stream later tonight for the final push!

@James Brown Just got the address confirmation. When are you planning to start shipping? I'm in the process of moving, so not sure if I should put my current address or wait a little while (no move date yet).

Edit: Ah just saw it's February 2021. I'll probably have moved by then (fingers crossed), so I'll leave it for now. Edit again: Never mind, saw you asked for them to be completed asap, so I'll do that and put my existing address and then will contact you if I move before shipments commence. Is that the preferred way to do it?

Last edited:
@James Brown Just got the address confirmation. When are you planning to start shipping? I'm in the process of moving, so not sure if I should put my current address or wait a little while (no move date yet).

Edit: Ah just saw it's February 2021. I'll probably have moved by then (fingers crossed), so I'll leave it for now. Edit again: Never mind, saw you asked for them to be completed asap, so I'll do that and put my existing address and then will contact you if I move before shipments commence. Is that the preferred way to do it?
Hey dude! I left the address open to be changed up until it's "locked in" essentially. So please return the survey now so that I can add the backer names to the magazine to forward the print run.

The estimated shipping of Feb2021, is the latest i'm allowing myself. So with a bit of luck, all going to plan, i'll have shipping before then with the hope and intention of people starting to receive them (like UK addresses) mid January!

I'll give everyone a day or so's address warning before locking it in. So just keep an eye out for that basically buddy :)

First off, congratulations on the success of the Kickstarter! This community never fails to amaze me.

but I am so gutted that I missed out on this. So my question is - will there be an opportunity to purchase the magazine outside of the Kickstarter? Would hate to miss out on owning this awesome looking piece of memorabilia.

First off, congratulations on the success of the Kickstarter! This community never fails to amaze me.

but I am so gutted that I missed out on this. So my question is - will there be an opportunity to purchase the magazine outside of the Kickstarter? Would hate to miss out on owning this awesome looking piece of memorabilia.
Definitely echoing this. I am just finding out about this now. Would love to grab a copy as it seems like a wonderful collector's piece.

I know this message is a bit late, but I'm so proud to be part of a community as dedicated and respectful as Shenmue's. The magazine looks amazing and I can't wait to receive my copy. Keep doing what you do, guys.
Thanks so much! Really appreciate your message :), things are moving steady with the production, I popped a few recent photos of stuff starting to arrive on the Shenmue World twitter. I've been super busy with everything, i'm struggling to be in so many places at once to share all the new info with everyone. I'm due a Kickstarter Update I think, but working on Episode 2 of the Podcast for Youtube currently for release tomorrow :D

Thanks so much! Really appreciate your message :), things are moving steady with the production, I popped a few recent photos of stuff starting to arrive on the Shenmue World twitter. I've been super busy with everything, i'm struggling to be in so many places at once to share all the new info with everyone. I'm due a Kickstarter Update I think, but working on Episode 2 of the Podcast for Youtube currently for release tomorrow :D

Looking amazing! Can't wait to have it in my hands šŸ™

What time is the podcast going up? Loved the first episode.

Back