Shenmue World Issue 1 Kickstarter!

Is it still possible to get one? I missed the KS due to personal issues at the time, but I remember someone reaching out on Facebook it might be still possible to get one. I think it was James. Still possible or did I miss out?

Is it still possible to get one? I missed the KS due to personal issues at the time, but I remember someone reaching out on Facebook it might be still possible to get one. I think it was James. Still possible or did I miss out?
Hey Daniel, don't worry dude, I can get you a copy :)...unfortunately they've already gone to print so I can no longer add you as a "Backer", but I can offer 1 of every other reward to you. Hit me up on dm's or Twitter :)

Hey Daniel, don't worry dude, I can get you a copy :)...unfortunately they've already gone to print so I can no longer add you as a "Backer", but I can offer 1 of every other reward to you. Hit me up on dm's or Twitter :)
Is there a way to potentially Paypal or Venmo you some funds for an additional sticker set or two?

I look forward to buying a copy on February 5th. Yep I'm that guy! I think it's fitting to be apart of the shenmue tweetathon the day before and then purchasing a copy the following day.

A fate predetermined by time...

:ROFLMAO:

Possibly, I don’t have as many sticker sets though as they were pretty expensive and I need to send a stack to their creator in Japan. I’ll let you know in a month or two if I have some left!
Sounds good. Just keep me posted. And if you're able to manage it, I'll make sure that you don't lose money on the deal. Thanks again. I can't wait to get my magazine in the mail. You've done a tremendous service for the community!

@James Brown
I'm afraid I (am another person that) missed this Kickstarter completely. I didn't know it existed until I just saw a Reddit post.

I'm fine to wait until the next Kickstarter to buy a bundle, but I just wanted to post here that I would have backed this project, and I will definitely pay to get a physical copy of Issue 1 whenever I am able, even if that's in a bundle for the next Kickstarter. :)

Thanks for doing all this work. It looks incredible, and I hope that I'm only one of many that will learn of this project and grow your number of "readers." :D

I'm playing Skies of Arcadia at the moment, so I threw the CD into my already hooked-up Dreamcast (convenient, hey?) for maximum Shenmue nostalgia, and flipped through the mag on my couch.

First impressions: I really wish I had a magazine like this when I was a kid playing Shenmue on my brand-spanking-new Dreamcast. There is so much love packed into this magazine. And the content! I thought we'd just be getting articles and art, but nope, there are fun little Shenmue-themed activities to do in here as well (word searches, yay!).

Can I just say what a great idea it was to put the Shenmue 3 side quest solutions for Bailu into this little mag! It always irked me that we never got a strategy guide for Shenmue 3, and given how huge that game is, I never thought I'd see all the side quests in one of my playthroughs, but now these magazines will be invaluable in my future playthroughs! Now we just need the Niaowu solutions for the next issue.;)

This magazine project is exactly what the Shenmue fandom needs right now. With all the negativity lately, a project like this that unites the fandom to spread good vibes and celebrate our collective love for this franchise all while pushing the need for a Shenmue 4 is a brilliant idea. I now want this to be an ongoing series. No seriously...Issue 2, when? You've committed yourselves now guys, there's no turning back. It's too late!

Kickstarter for Issue 2 before the end of 2021. I'll be waiting.

Mine came today. Won't be opening or reading it til I play Shenmue III though, so at least I'll have summat to keep myself occupied on the boat ride down the River Styx.

Received and opened mine. The quality was even beyond what I was expecting. It's incredible. I'm really surprised by all the hard work and dedication that was put into it, and I can only say thank you to James Brown and everyone who contributed to it as well. It's a beautiful and tremendous work that was done.

I'm really happy to see such a beautiful and dedicated community for something that we all love so much.

I read the whole thing cover to cover yesterday afternoon and was really impressed. Really nicely laid out and a really broad variety of subjects , really liked this history of the Dojo written by @Peter (i remember getting told off in the College library circa 2002 for checking out the Dojo for Shenmue 3 news haha) and the Yu Suzuki china trip by @Switch .

Love the CD too, gift idea for a future issue - a slipbox to keep them in would be great :D

Back