Shenmue World Issue 1 Kickstarter!

Hey guys!! Thank you all for your wonderful comments and feedback! I’m still working away on the shipping! Down to the last 100 orders now, I apologise if that’s one of you reading this 😅, it’s proven really difficult. I’m planning to document it in an update once i’m done, but if I were to just say that each package takes the best part of 10 minutes to put together, it wouldn’t be a lie. So times that by about 650 packages...it’s been a strenuous few weeks for sure, especially whilst working full time 😅, but thanks so much for being paitent whilst others receive there copies. Unfortunatey the weight of them all means it’s hard to post more than about 50-80 at a time, i’ve been putting a few in Royal Mail sacks and they get super heavy super fast and I don’t want to squash anything in transit. There’s many factors you wouldn’t normally think about. If I buy something in the future i’ll be more aware about what has actually gone into getting something like that to me, especially Kickstarters where regular ass people like myself are sending out masses of stuff from their home 😅

Anyways! Really pleased to see you all enjoying the content :)

Hey guys!! Thank you all for your wonderful comments and feedback! I’m still working away on the shipping! Down to the last 100 orders now, I apologise if that’s one of you reading this 😅, it’s proven really difficult. I’m planning to document it in an update once i’m done, but if I were to just say that each package takes the best part of 10 minutes to put together, it wouldn’t be a lie. So times that by about 650 packages...it’s been a strenuous few weeks for sure, especially whilst working full time 😅, but thanks so much for being paitent whilst others receive there copies. Unfortunatey the weight of them all means it’s hard to post more than about 50-80 at a time, i’ve been putting a few in Royal Mail sacks and they get super heavy super fast and I don’t want to squash anything in transit. There’s many factors you wouldn’t normally think about. If I buy something in the future i’ll be more aware about what has actually gone into getting something like that to me, especially Kickstarters where regular ass people like myself are sending out masses of stuff from their home 😅

Anyways! Really pleased to see you all enjoying the content :)

it is greatly appreciated by all of us! Thank you for what you have done!

I'm also in the US (Florida) and it was in my mailbox this morning, which means that it arrived yesterday. I haven't taken it out of its transparent wrapper yet, but it looks to be of phenomenal quality and I know I'm going to love it! My only regret is not ordering two copies so that I could keep one in mint condition.

Amazing job, @James Brown! Seeing such impressive projects like this and the Dragon & Phoenix Collection coming to fruition makes me proud to be a part of this fandom.

I'm also in the US (Florida) and it was in my mailbox this morning, which means that it arrived yesterday. I haven't taken it out of its transparent wrapper yet, but it looks to be of phenomenal quality and I know I'm going to love it! My only regret is not ordering two copies so that I could keep one in mint condition.

Amazing job, @James Brown! Seeing such impressive projects like this and the Dragon & Phoenix Collection coming to fruition makes me proud to be a part of this fandom.
Thanks dude! 😊 Glad to see them starting to show up in the US! 💪

Just got mine today, near Columbus, Ohio! There's an incredible amount of stuff here. Even knowing about most of it from the Kickstarter, I'm still blown away, and I haven't even cracked open the magazine yet! That will probably be some weekend fun.

I haven't been this excited for a magazine since ODCM was a thing!

Just got mine today, near Columbus, Ohio! There's an incredible amount of stuff here. Even knowing about most of it from the Kickstarter, I'm still blown away, and I haven't even cracked open the magazine yet! That will probably be some weekend fun.

I haven't been this excited for a magazine since ODCM was a thing!
Odd question: Who is delivering this? USPS, FedEx, or UPS? In my area, USPS has been a total sh*tshow!

Odd question: Who is delivering this? USPS, FedEx, or UPS? In my area, USPS has been a total sh*tshow!
It's USPS. Yeah, I was a little worried about it too with all the problems the Postal Service has been having over the past year. But thankfully, mine arrived without any issues. I hope the same can be said for you and everyone else in this country who ordered a copy. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

It's USPS. Yeah, I was a little worried about it too with all the problems the Postal Service has been having over the past year. But thankfully, mine arrived without any issues. I hope the same can be said for you and everyone else in this country who ordered a copy. 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Yup, USPS, and they did fine for me too! It was in a pretty sturdy package if damage is your concern.

Interesting! Yeah not familar with the different services that the packages will subsequently be passed onto. I just used Royal Mail in the UK which are the oldest and leading delivery company in the UK (that I also work for :p)...and USPS seems to be the mail provider from Royal Mail for the USA. Hopefully the different services can pick back up speed soon. I have been tracking a few individual orders from people that have requested their tracking number, and some haven't had a scan at all in 2 weeks which is worrying, but at the same time with the way the world is currently working and the fact that there's quite a few stuck on the same status...they must be somewhere! Thanks for the paitence everyone!

Whenever you think the best time frame of when the next issue will release is, could you let the thread know?
I want to plan out new art to submit for the next issue so I don’t run out of time and I’m not backed up by personal projects!

I finally got around to reading it today. I had some spare time to go through the whole magazine.

Excellent work to everyone involved. Layouts look really nice. Everything read relatively well (noticed a few things here and there, but for the most part it was all well put together)....good stuff all around. Very much look forward to Issue 2 whenever it should happen :)

Should you guys ever need any help with future issues, I'd always be glad to help out in whatever way. Just throwing the offer out there if need be. But yeah, excellent work all around!

Back