Shenmunity - Shenmue in Unity

So, is there truly ANY way to extract shenmue models with the original rigs? I've used wudecon which EVERYONE recommends, but it only extracts stuff as .obj . If anyone has any answers that would be awesome.

Is this still an ongoing thing? There's alot of potential here.

No, the work that Fishbiter did was merged in with the stuff me and PhilYeahz did as we got much further than he did. And anyway, Unity is lame :p

There's not much in there anyways, you can only import assets into Unity itself.

So, is there truly ANY way to extract shenmue models with the original rigs? I've used wudecon which EVERYONE recommends, but it only extracts stuff as .obj . If anyone has any answers that would be awesome.

Yes, of course. The code is present in the new ShenmueDK repo, but there is no dedicated tool for it yet. If you desperately need original models with their original rigs/skeletons then let me know and I can provide them. Other than that you'd have to look at the code me and PhilYeahz wrote and try to make your own solution for it, until I publish a tool to export them for you.

No, the work that Fishbiter did was merged in with the stuff me and PhilYeahz did as we got much further than he did. And anyway, Unity is lame :p

There's not much in there anyways, you can only import assets into Unity itself.
Is there somewhere I can keep up with what you fellas are cooking up?

I love your work on unreal engine but Unity is not lame 😑 sure unreal engine is better but unity is still a great engine

Back