Shenmunity / Wudecon Help (Good Cause)

Hi!

I'm trying to make a 2D RPG / adventure game set in the Shenmue world, and I really could use access to the game models. I've tried following all the available instructions (which are limited) for the abovementioned utilities, but I'm not sure where I'm going wrong with them.

If somebody could help walk me through setting one of them up, that would be amazing and I'd credit you in the game at the end.

Alternatively, if somebody has a linked to the pre-ripped 3D models of pretty much all the minor and major characters from Shenmue 1, that would be even better.

With Shenmunity in Unity, I tried the package on an older version of Unity for which Shenmunity should have been compatible, and I got an error message (it wouldn't even open). So I upgraded Unity to the newest version, but now there's no Shenmunity under GameObject.

With Wudecon I know the basics of what I'm doing with the command prompt, but can't locate wudecon.exe so I don't get how I'm supposed to use commands listed.

Just so you know, I've completed some Shenmue fan projects in the past such as screen savers, Excite QTT, and the walkman app for Android, so I'm very likely to put this to good use if I can work it out. I've been waiting about 6 years to be able to get my hands on poseable 3D models from Shenmue 1 (of the minor character in particular) for exactly this purpose, and now I'm so close to being able to do it. So any help would be incredibly welcome!

This is great news to hear! I loved your previous Shenmue apps Excite QTT and the music app.

Someone may be able to provide you with an archive of pre-ripped models but in the meantime, since you mentioned you weren't able to locate the Wudecon exe, this is the link I used to LemonHaze's latest version on GitHub which has the exe inside:

https://github.com/LemonHaze420/wud...61.27731/wudecon_v1.0.7061.27731_windebug.zip

Thanks so much! I got Wudecon working and I can now open character models on Blender etc.

However, I was under the impression Wudecon keeps the character bone rigging like Shenmunity does? Was I wrong in that assumption?

Render 3.png

Thanks so much! I got Wudecon working and I can now open character models on Blender etc.

However, I was under the impression Wudecon keeps the character bone rigging like Shenmunity does? Was I wrong in that assumption?

View attachment 10336
Wudecon in particular is quite old. There's a little more work to be done to utilise the full character rigs we worked out, but it's right around the corner now. I have practically every character in all of the games in model form.

I hope you can appreciate that with everything going on and the UE4 project we've been working on, has kind of forced me to neglect updating some of the tools, but I will do it.

In the meantime, would you prefer if I sent you character models directly (with their rigs)?

Oh I totally understand. You're working some damn magic over here.

I would absolutely love it if you could send me the rigged characters. That would save me so much time, and I'm making so much progress with the game in all other areas.

Hi again.

So since we last talked I've been able to start rigging the characters on my own and creating animations. Only one small issue left: I can't find all of the characters in the extracted files.

Specifically I'm looking for Ichiro. If you can help me work out where to find him, I'm pretty confident I'll be able to find others too. I believe his model COULD be inside of NKK_L.CHRM ... which I've tried converting with wudecon but failed.

Any advice? Just a point in the right direction would do.

Back