Should S3 be remade for the DC?

Nemesis

Nozomi Amore
I know this doesn't really depends on us but what would you think of a DC third part without "so intentional" lame dialogues, the old combat, no newcomers interface (I liked the old rumors, like lifting boxes making you better in arm wrestling), SEGA arcades and more time spent in detail and less in marketing a huge world that feels emptier than the previous ones.

What I mean is, if SEGA trusted Yu Suzuki and he asked you would you prefer 3 remade for DC or 4 with the new engine?

Sure. I also think Shenmue 4 should have a $500 million budget and Yu Suzuki should design & develop the hardware for Sega's next console.

The Fantasy Zone is a fun place.
Shenmue 3 with DC graphics was doable and, in fact, cheaper than trying to scope ps4 graphics

I don't think it's cheaper, man. They still have to create all the assets and make the code work on modern systems. It'd also make the game feel and look even more archaic than the Shenmue 3 we have now and know how the common man reacted to that. They're definitely not gonna spend money on porting a game to a dead console.

Shenmue 3 with DC graphics was doable and, in fact, cheaper than trying to scope ps4 graphics
Based upon what facts?

Imagine trying to teach a whole team of 50 an engine that was built for purpose by a team like AM2 who were at the peak of their powers. It's not cost effective, that engine was designed for the Dreamcast specifically and you've seen the issues D3T had with it.

Its cost and time wouldn't have been worthwhile at all. Let alone the DC ran on a 32bit engine and PS4 64bit. All sorts of conversion issues.

Between the choice of remaking shenmue 3 for DC, a dead system OR getting S4 in the current format, personally it would be 4 hands down.

Yeah, have to agree with Spud on this one. I very much doubt this is accurate.

Since it’s not feasible in any form of reality, I choose not to dwell on a hypothetical like this. It’s like when us passionate fans ponder on “What would Shenmue 3 be like if I had input”... since it’s nothing but wishful thinking, it is fun for 5 minutes then gets depressing when you realize it is pointless to think about it.

No. Out of all the people who still own a DC, only a portion of them are even big enough shenmue fans to even go back and play it. And only a portion of people who still own one actually still play it. That would be a waste of money and put more negative press on it. The game would bomb

I would love a DC version of 3 giving us the full shenmue experience, but we don't have the luxury. All focus needs to be placed on S4

Between the choice of remaking shenmue 3 for DC, a dead system OR getting S4 in the current format, personally it would be 4 hands down.

Yeah, have to agree with Spud on this one. I very much doubt this is accurate.
PS4 is fine, you can't act like there's no Shenmue I&II for the actual gen. I bought 4 Shenmue 3s but if they had gone with the AM2 for the DC and a port for PS4 I'd have bought 8 copies at least between both versions.

Just dreaming but, hey, I think they could've done that with 7 mil. It's never too late, though.

No. Out of all the people who still own a DC, only a portion of them are even big enough shenmue fans to even go back and play it. And only a portion of people who still own one actually still play it. That would be a waste of money and put more negative press on it. The game would bomb

I would love a DC version of 3 giving us the full shenmue experience, but we don't have the luxury. All focus needs to be placed on S4
Also, there was an evident lack of time and resources. You could see they were spending lots of months on making the graphics appealing. With the old engine it wasn't as clear the differences between models and textures (remember Shenmue 2?), YS could've filled the game with crazy details, try a more rural china setting and maybe tell us more about Ryo and the Phoenix Mirrors.

if not only for continuity, i really would of preferred if shenmue 3 + future games were made to look like a modern, retro game, with dreamcast style graphics for the ps4/pc... metal gear solid peace walker is a perfect example of the fact that graphics are not the most important thing when it comes to creating an excellent game.

+ imagine how big shenmue 3 would of been and how much more of the of the shenmue story they could of covered if they didnt need to toil over the graphics trying to recreate a AAA game on a budget (big mistake imo).

...maybe in the future someone will deconstruct shenmue 3, use voices/story and create a proof of concept of what a dreamcast version could of been like.. if it only existed as a youtube clip, that would be pretty cool.

S3 in Dreams. S3 with S2 DC engine. Shenmue Kiwami with Yakuza game engine.

Fun game: Let's all put our crazy dreams that will never happen in italics...

I hope someone makes a Shenmue game in Dreams on PS4...

S3 in Dreams. S3 with S2 DC engine. Shenmue Kiwami with Yakuza game engine.

Fun game: Let's all put our crazy dreams that will never happen in italics...

I hope someone makes a Shenmue game in Dreams on PS4...

- SEGA gives Yu Suzuki a trillion dollar budget for Shenmue III, remakes of the first two games, and future games in the series.

- The Shenmue series is considered the paragon of gaming franchises by all gamers.

- Yu Suzuki is considered the greatest game developer of all time.

- The success of the Shenmue series allows SEGA to go back into the console market. Which inspires SEGA to revive their forgotten franchises like Virtua Fighter, Skies of Arcadia, and Virtual-on.

- Yu Suzuki becomes the head of game development at SEGA.

It's fun to dream.

Back