Site fix & software upgrade

Peter

Administrator
Welcome back folks!

After the crazy weekend we just had, it's good to finally get the site back up and running. I sincerely apologise for the disruption.

Long story short, the version of Xenforo (our forum software) we were running had a critical bug contained within it, which we were unaware of. It took the heavy traffic and stress on the site at the weekend to highlight this, which essentially bled into the entire site, crippling everything. Fortunately this happened whilst we are still 5 months out from Shenmue 3!

Today we have upgraded to Xenforo 2:1:0 which now has all of the issues ironed out. Not only that, but there are some new added features to enjoy, and we have more ideas which I hope we can incorporate soon.

Later today, @Mattis will update you on these new features, and I cannot say thank you enough to this man, for all of his hard work and dedication to the Dojo. There are still some small CSS issues which will be resolved very soon, but we just wanted to get the doors back open for everyone to discuss the weekends events, and all things Shenmue!!

Been noticing some of the new features and graphical changes. Thanks everyone who worked on it. Great job!

I haven't had time to read through the changelog to be honest, but I can see that avatars are now circular. I assume that can be changed back to square if the individual member desires. Either way, if anyone notices anything that needs fixed, please pop it in here. I can see already some CSS needs done on the thanks bar, as well as some issues with avatars in the birthday section. Any more you can see, please let me know.

Thanks for coming back and thanks again to @Mattis for all your work. The more I use the forum, the more I discover the small & smart features you and Peter have created. I wish Mac OS and Windows had the same level of care.

Last edited:
I like the new touches with the like buttons and all that jazz.

My only question/request, would be if it is possible to animate the avatars again.

If not, no big deal!

Just like...

lesnar-funny-face-1499237420-800.jpg

I like the new touches with the like buttons and all that jazz.

My only question/request, would be if it is possible to animate the avatars again.

If not, no big deal!

It is possible, but we would need to change our image processor. Sounds simple, but it would involve making it compatible with our php, then rebuild all of the imagery currently on the boards, from avatars to attachments etc.

It's not overly difficult, just a bit of backend work on the server, with a PECL extension needing to be installed also. If there is a serious demand for it, we can do it.

Back