Skies of Arcadia possible sequel is getting hyped

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
By some of the original team members. asking SEGA fan's to signal boost them so they can appeal to Sega to greenlit a revival+Sequel. Also a signed give away illustration is offered if you participated.

Raffle Prize ends @ end of Jan 2020

OMG...Do it Sega!!! Anyone else here getting on the hype train as well?

Yeah, most definitely, out of respect for their community I'd be hyped. Still haven't beaten the game on Dreamcast, shamefully.

Hmm...

I adore the game and it is easily one of the bet RPGs ever, I feel.

But the game wrapped up perfectly, with no loose ends and everything making sense.

The only way I'd accept another game is if it went in a completely different direction, with new characters, lands, worlds, etc., like Grandia II did, but keep the same graphic-style, fighting system, move names, etc.

Hmm...

I adore the game and it is easily one of the bet RPGs ever, I feel.

But the game wrapped up perfectly, with no loose ends and everything making sense.

The only way I'd accept another game is if it went in a completely different direction, with new characters, lands, worlds, etc., like Grandia II did, but keep the same graphic-style, fighting system, move names, etc.

Excellent point. They did indeed wrap it up nicely. A remake, now that would be awesome. Or a new setting new story.

Loved this game but it's next to impossible for me to find the time and patience to play a JRPG. I tried replaying Skies recently-er, more like 10 years ago now, and didn't finish. The random battles are too frequent.

That being said I'd buy a sequel for sure, and try to make the time for it.

They just need to say Vyse was trapped by a secret wind vertical tunnel leading into another whole continent and he's Christopher Columbus again.

Hype x1000! With S3 out and Streets of Rage 4 well in development, Skies of Arcadia 2 and a Panzer Dragoon Saga remake have become the new holy grails of discontinued Sega series.

A Skies of Arcadia remake would also be great.

Last edited:
I've got Skies Legends on GC which I'm running through my modded Wii U.

I play it very sparingly. Just don't have the time. But if everyone is in bed and my beverage is still warm I always give it 30 mins. A total nostalgia trip.

If there was a Switch port of Skies or a full blown sequel in the works. I would buy instantly.

Took Sega over a decade just to re-release the original Shenmue games. Doubt they'll jump on the hype train and green light it. Wish they would though.

Also BIG spoiler but guess who cameos in Valkyria Chronicles as a playable character (kind of)...

Excellent point. They did indeed wrap it up nicely. A remake, now that would be awesome. Or a new setting new story.
I would take any of those things. A remake, a new setting with similar themes and concepts (like what Final Fantasy does), or even simply a port to modern consoles and PC. As of right now, we still don't even have a definitive edition with the Dreamcast's superior soundtrack and the GameCube's additions.

SoA is one of only a handful of games I hold in the same regard as Shenmue (along with NiGHTS, another game that we have yet to receive a definitive version of!).

Back