So borderland 3 releases to polarizing reception

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
This was one of the hyped releases of 2019...

Also EGS controversy adding fuel to the flame+CEO randy is kind of dickish around SNS also didn't help PR wise.

Another GOTY contender bite the dust? :unsure:

The Twitch and Youtube numbers are pretty solid, a lot of people are interested in this game.
CohhCarnages livestreams have 20.000+ viewers, since release its always in the top ranks of the most watched streams
and Randy Pitchford said that Borderlands 3 had
a new concurrent player peak record on Pc in this franchise.
This review bombing stuff has nothing to do with the real core community of this game,
if you look for reviews like on IGN, the Borderlands 3 review has over 1 mil views
and nobody in the comments says anything about Epic.
You can easily see that Yongyeas, Jim Sterlings, TheQuarterings communities are not the core community,
they care about controversy and other negative things and not about the products.
Sure, maybe the numbers would be better if the game would be available on Steam
but we dont know because there is no proof. Still, with the numbers we have right now,
i doubt that this game is a failure on any platform.

The Twitch and Youtube numbers are pretty solid, a lot of people are interested in this game.
CohhCarnages livestreams have 20.000+ viewers, since release its always in the top ranks of the most watched streams
and Randy Pitchford said that Borderlands 3 had
a new concurrent player peak record on Pc in this franchise.
This review bombing stuff has nothing to do with the real core community of this game,
if you look for reviews like on IGN, the Borderlands 3 review has over 1 mil views
and nobody in the comments says anything about Epic.
You can easily see that Yongyeas, Jim Sterlings, TheQuarterings communities are not the core community,
they care about controversy and other negative things and not about the products.
Sure, maybe the numbers would be better if the game would be available on Steam
but we dont know because there is no proof. Still, with the numbers we have right now,
i doubt that this game is a failure on any platform.

Oh I'm sure financially and/or sales is not tanking. But I'm saying the critical reception is so polarizing that I def wouldn't be surprised if it lost its GOTY spot as one of the most hyped game of 2019. And I don't beleive it'll reach gangbuster status like prevs installments becuase of all the controversies.

Back