So Last of Us 2 is getting dragged all over SNS by Users now that it's out

Is the game good if you skip all the cutscenes ?

I personally don't care about the annoying storyline when I can just skip the cutscenes.

Why would you want to play a story driven experience, if you were going to skip an integral part of the game?

coming off this PR dumpsterfire...think sony will not invest in a 3rd sequel? Do you guys even want to see a third installment?

Seeing as it’s been selling in record numbers a sequel is all by guaranteed as long as ND and those involved want to make another game. As much as I didn’t think their needed to be a sequel after first game, after Part 2 there’s lots of story elements to explore and I would like a conclusion to Ellie’s story so I would be open to a third game.

Is the game good if you skip all the cutscenes ?

I personally don't care about the annoying storyline when I can just skip the cutscenes.
Unfortunately, these AAA experiences typically feature fairly middling gameplay. You have to treat it like a full package.

Why would you want to play a story driven experience, if you were going to skip an integral part of the game?
Because gameplay is the heart of the game.

Great gameplay can make you enjoy the game even if the story is bad.(The only games I think that actually need an engaging story are RPG games.)

Resident Evil games such as RE 6 and 5 have below average storyline but their gameplay make you enjoy them.(Hell, DMC 4 and 5 have cringy stories that sound like fan fictions and yet DMC fans love those games to death due to their gameplays)

coming off this PR dumpsterfire...think sony will not invest in a 3rd sequel? Do you guys even want to see a third installment?
I don't think it needs one and hope Sony/Naughty Dog create a great new IP. It would be nice to have a bit more conclusion to the story; the game ended with a few minor questions that would be nice to get an answer to but I don't think there is any rush for a sequel. I would rather they sum up the story or what happens to some of the main characters in a short-game.

Regarding the "PR dumpsterfire", I hope Sony doesn't listen to any of the crap being said. Just entitled gamers spewing nonsense for the most part as this game is amazing. I was discussing this with my brother and it just seems that a few YouTubers have just got very entitled and also turning into mainstream media where things are being done for the views, likes, comments and ultimately money.

The world reacting to what is mostly just a loud minority is probably the worst thing about modern society.

Because gameplay is the heart of the game.

i thought the combat and stealth was the best i've played in any game, it's like a metal gear solid game.

you could skip all the cutscenes you might get a bit lost(?). considering it probaby one of the last few AAA games this gen, i would just play it. its a good game.

after you complete the game you get acess to a list of encounters which you can replay, which you would probably like. ( you can have fun figuring out how best to use the zombies to fight your human enemies lol) + you can fully customise the difficulty which is really cool. - i maxed out the difficulty setting apart from the stealth / amount of ammo found.

I don't think it needs one and hope Sony/Naughty Dog create a great new IP. It would be nice to have a bit more conclusion to the story; the game ended with a few minor questions that would be nice to get an answer to but I don't think there is any rush for a sequel. I would rather they sum up the story or what happens to some of the main characters in a short-game.

Regarding the "PR dumpsterfire", I hope Sony doesn't listen to any of the crap being said. Just entitled gamers spewing nonsense for the most part as this game is amazing. I was discussing this with my brother and it just seems that a few YouTubers have just got very entitled and also turning into mainstream media where things are being done for the views, likes, comments and ultimately money.

The world reacting to what is mostly just a loud minority is probably the worst thing about modern society.
Yeah, I remember playing Metal Gear Survive and really enjoying it as a 7.5/10 game.(Good game that has some flaws) and yet the Youtubers just reviewed this game in a way to show that it's a 1/10 game.(Due to all the hatred of Konami on the internet)

Yeah, I remember playing Metal Gear Survive and really enjoying it as a 7.5/10 game.(Good game that has some flaws) and yet the Youtubers just reviewed this game in a way to show that it's a 1/10 game.(Due to all the hatred of Konami on the internet)

Dunno man, I definitely agree that Metal Gear Survive is awful.

Dunno man, I definitely agree that Metal Gear Survive is awful.
NP, some people also believe that GTA games are crap even though they are 100 percent wrong.

The funny thing about Survive was this that nearly every online youtuber that bashed it never played it more than 2 hours.(It's similar to call MGS V a crappy game based on it's linear and cutscene heavy hospital level.)

NP, some people also believe that GTA games are crap even though they are 100 percent wrong.

The funny thing about Survive was this that nearly every online youtuber that bashed it never played it more than 2 hours.(It's similar to call MGS V a crappy game based on it's linear and cutscene heavy hospital level.)

I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that GTA games are great/excellent though. Not so the case for Survive and having played a hell of a lot more than 2 hours, I can see why the general consensus is that it's rubbish. Because it really is.

MGS V had great mechanics and gameplay, it just suffered from the whole Kojima/Konami fallout and unfortunately feels unfinished. It had amazing potential and it just happened to suffer due to the circumstances surrounding it. Having said that, I really enjoyed it.

Reactions: red
I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that GTA games are great/excellent though. Not so the case for Survive and having played a hell of a lot more than 2 hours, I can see why the general consensus is that it's rubbish. Because it really is.

MGS V had great mechanics and gameplay, it just suffered from the whole Kojima/Konami fallout and unfortunately feels unfinished. It had amazing potential and it just happened to suffer due to the circumstances surrounding it. Having said that, I really enjoyed it.
MGSV fell short because of Kojima, not Konami. It was his idea to have the crap plot and ending.

Regarding MGSV, I think what @Dg1995 is getting at is people bash, and even rate, games from a point of an agenda. MGS Survive probably was not that bad of a game but was made out to be worst because of the whole Konami/Kojima beef at the time. Similarly, Super Mario Odyssey scored high scores across the board simply because it was a Mario game. That game is no where near as good as 64 and judging it independently was not that great of a game at all. It was way too easy, lacked atmosphere and all of Mario's moves were restricted to the hat.

I am playing right now (gifted to me) it also has super bad mission design and a scoring system that encourages run and gun instead of stealth (since time is the main scoring) , shame since gameplay is quite good.

Those 2 points are certainly not Konamis fault.

MGSV fell short because of Kojima, not Konami. It was his idea to have the crap plot and ending.

Regarding MGSV, I think what @Dg1995 is getting at is people bash, and even rate, games from a point of an agenda. MGS Survive probably was not that bad of a game but was made out to be worst because of the whole Konami/Kojima beef at the time. Similarly, Super Mario Odyssey scored high scores across the board simply because it was a Mario game. That game is no where near as good as 64 and judging it independently was not that great of a game at all. It was way too easy, lacked atmosphere and all of Mario's moves were restricted to the hat.

To be fair, I never placed the blame at Konami's feet. It was the fallout between the parties that I believe is the cause.

And re. Survive, I don't have any kind of loyalty towards Kojima or Konami, or anyone really (apart from Yu obviously), so me judging Survive as a terrible game is purely based on my experience with it. I am well aware others bash games because of an agenda, and it happens all the time. Kojima and Konami aren't a unique scenario.

Last edited:
People always come up with the excuse that Kojima was rushed...as if he hadn’t had 5+ years already by the time the game was released lol
Kojima fucked up for sure, but the duration of game dev cycles in general has just gotten absurd. The number of "high profile" releases per gen has slowed to an absolutely crawl as a result. I miss the days when a 2-year dev cycle was the norm.

After TLOU2? I honestly have zero interest in seeing this franchise continue. But to be fair, I had zero interest in seeing it continue after the first game. The first game should have remained a one and done product. It said all it needed to say. As I said elsewhere here, the thing that made the first game was not the story. The story was rather weak and continuing the story exposed just how weak and contrived the ”one last hope” angle is to the story. It’s the characters and journey that made the original game noteworthy. It was the fact that you grew to like Joel and Ellie over the course of the first game. It was a character study of a broken down man finding new hope and new reason to live by bonding with this girl.

It was a one and done product that should have stayed one and done. It never struck me as something that needed a sequel. I wasn’t clamouring for more after beating the first game. I was happy for it to be done.

The sequel reads as pure fan fiction to me. It is the most apathetic game I have played in a long time where I genuinely cared so little about everyone in it. It’s pure nihilistic product that exists only to make a buck while pretending it has something deep to say while having absolutely nothing to say come the end.

For me, it met my expectations in a weird way. It made me realise how good that first game is and why this sequel was pointless in the first place.

I know some have strong feelings about the game (I am looking at you @danielmann861) but watching this video really solidified for me why TLOU Part 2 was so amazing- dynamic combat encounters sold by the animations and AI-

I really enjoyed the detailed breakdown and huge improvements in the AI from the first to second game. I also love how it rewards creativity in combat situations which he demonstrated i.e. holding someone hostage before throwing them into a Clicker.

For me there’s so much room for improvisation and alternative tactics which all are sold wonderfully by the amazing animation and pathfinding along with all those small touches. A 60 FPS PS5 version would be a dream, here’s hoping.

I know some have strong feelings about the game (I am looking at you @danielmann861) but watching this video really solidified for me why TLOU Part 2 was so amazing- dynamic combat encounters sold by the animations and AI-

I really enjoyed the detailed breakdown and huge improvements in the AI from the first to second game. I also love how it rewards creativity in combat situations which he demonstrated i.e. holding someone hostage before throwing them into a Clicker.

For me there’s so much room for improvisation and alternative tactics which all are sold wonderfully by the amazing animation and pathfinding along with all those small touches. A 60 FPS PS5 version would be a dream, here’s hoping.
I feel honored that you're looking at me :D

The AI may be better than the first game, I'll give it that. But I just can't be assed to sit through that miserable dour experience of a story with characters that I absolutely loathed by the end of the game ever again. But I will say, at least the AI was better than the first game. ( Damning it with faint praise :D )....I will say the gameplay was better as a whole with the addition of being able to lay prone in the grass and the AI at least having better reactions...but at the same time, I've seen Metal Gear games do amazing things with stealth mechanics that even that didn't particularly wow me.

(Again, not to sound like a dick, if you liked the game, good for you. More power to you)

Last edited:
LoU2 has to be my favourite game of the past 2 gens of consoles. I absolutely love the first one, but Part 2 is just on another level.

I’m certain we’ll see a PS5 version. Something more than just a 60fps boost too.

Back