So Last of Us 2 is getting dragged all over SNS by Users now that it's out

I watched one of his Star Wars videos before I knew who the guy was and never, ever clicked on his uploads again. This guy and Geeks and Gamers are just horrendous and use faux outrage to cash in. The worst.

I'm all for people having disagreements, being a cynical bastard myself. I just can't get on board with the idea of feeling outraged every day.

A lot of his subscribers seem to be these type of people, judging by the comments. I totally get it, though: there's a market for anger peddling on social media. I just think his youtube persona is an exaggeration of who he really is.

Anyway, I never watched any of his videos, but I am aware of him because of other smaller youtubers who love to make fun of the bloke. I also noticed that he made a few videos slagging off the game. He made numerous videos on that Captain Marvel actress, too. I'm like, come on, man. Is it all about feeling perpetually unhappy?

Last edited:
Channels like his thrive on outrage. I recall The Quartering and his buddies were also quick to jump on and fuel the Shenmue 3 nontroversy bandwagon.

If you put out multiple videos a day flagging every single diverse character in games/films as "too woke" (even more minor character roles), you've clearly got a problem.

Just honestly curios but...is the infamous rep of LOU2's controversy affecting it's ps5 iteration's reception? Not just the old crowd of people who is still sticking around for it since ps4?
Wouldn't have a clue. Don't pay attention to the TLOU2 crowd.

I'm tempted to check out that 60fps patch but then I'm reminded that I never want to sit through this chore of a game again.

Yeah, I need to play both. Streams I saw looked incredible. Don't even know what the vocal minority were on about, which I don't need because they'll only affect my own perspective going into them.

The 60fps patch is transformative I’d say. There’s a toggle on PS5 and after playing for even a few minutes on 60fps, and switching it back to 30, it feels so so choppy. In my honest opinion, this and Horizon Zero Dawn are the games of the generation.

The 60fps patch is transformative I’d say. There’s a toggle on PS5 and after playing for even a few minutes on 60fps, and switching it back to 30, it feels so so choppy. In my honest opinion, this and Horizon Zero Dawn are the games of the generation.
I repurchased the game to play it with new 60 FPS patch and I can’t help but agree. One thing I have absolutely loved this generation is new experience of playing GOW, Days Gone, Shenmue 3 and now LOU 2 in glorious 60 FPS not forgetting titles like Spiderman MM and Demon Souls as well. I hope this trend continues.

I played a chunk today and on my way to Radio Tower and it feels even better to play. I love the combat encounters and all your offensive options players have. I am playing on Survivor so I have to be relatively careful with my resources and generally really enjoying myself again. One thing that markedly improved my experience this time is under alternative controls enabling ‘auto pick-up’ which made all the drawer opening and scavenging much more bearable.

Honestly, the negativity was a vocal minority. The game was critically acclaimed and sold very well.

it has a very high user rating on PSN and Amazon (both where you have to actually buy the game to rate it), and was the third best selling PS game last year behind only two Call of Duty games.
with all the negative reviews the game had that got deleted, ofc the reviews left should be positive.

I repurchased the game to play it with new 60 FPS patch and I can’t help but agree. One thing I have absolutely loved this generation is new experience of playing GOW, Days Gone, Shenmue 3 and now LOU 2 in glorious 60 FPS not forgetting titles like Spiderman MM and Demon Souls as well. I hope this trend continues.

I played a chunk today and on my way to Radio Tower and it feels even better to play. I love the combat encounters and all your offensive options players have. I am playing on Survivor so I have to be relatively careful with my resources and generally really enjoying myself again. One thing that markedly improved my experience this time is under alternative controls enabling ‘auto pick-up’ which made all the drawer opening and scavenging much more bearable.

I'm a bit worried about the future and 60 fps.
You know, The Last Of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, GOW, Days Gone
and almost all of this stuff are old gen or multiplatform games.
So they were designed for like 5-10 year old hardware
and of course the newest hardware is able to run this in 1440p or higher at 60 fps.
(but even in this PS4 / multiplatform pool not all games are 100% stable 60 fps on PS5 / X)

But there are and there will be limitations. If they improve the graphics, the resolutions, the effects, the ray tracing stuff,
next gen only things,
the hardware will reach its limit very fast and then it will get to a point
where each developer has to decide if they want to do 1080-1440p at 60
or if they want to go all in 4K next gen ultra settings Uncharted movie style but at 30 fps.

We already have some examples like Demons Souls that did it well
but theres also the PS5 exclusive game Returnal that was made in 1080p and then upscaled by the devs to 1440p
and then the PS5 is upscaling it to 4K but the real resolution is still 1080p
and the game is not stable 60 fps at all.
So i'm a bit worried what is going to happen in the future.
Some Ghost of Tsushima 2 in 5 years or whatever, next gen only, bigger open world,
higher resolutions, more foliage, more NPCs, more towns, more enemies ...
will it be 60 fps?

It’s a fair point and that’s why I loved early launch games like Spider-Man MM, Demon Souls and soon Rachet and Clank giving players the option to decrease resolution, scale down ray tracing for improved performance.

Whether that will be feasible and realistic as we move into dedicated PS5 titles only as the generation goes on remains to be seen. Hopefully by then Sony will have got their act together and we will have variable refresh rates so those with that kind of TV can benefit from unlocked frame rates close to hitting 60FPS.

The opening to the Seattle chapter, that forest section is absolutely visually stunning. If it was at a higher resolution I could easily seeing it looking like native PS5 title.

with all the negative reviews the game had that got deleted, ofc the reviews left should be positive.
Where did negative reviews get deleted? There are plenty of negative reviews from people who didn’t even play the game. Because it’s SJW this, or agenda that. I’m not saying everyone who played it loved, or even liked it, but the narrative that was/is pushed by some of those people is somewhat misleading. Awards don’t automatically equate to quality, but when a game gets over 300 awards, plenty of which were voted by the public, then there’s something there.

And regardless of the in-game narrative (which I think is excellent), on a technical level the game is astounding. Especially considering that it was able to run on a PS4 with its limited specs.

I’m yet to play Days Gone (at all), but I totally agree on GoW, Miles Morales and Souls in that playing them in 60fps just makes the experience exponentially better. I loved playing through GoW on 60fps. When you toggle it back to 30, it just seems so choppy.

I’ve never enabled the auto pickup myself. I’m one of these weirdos that enjoys pressing the triangle button to pick very single item up!

I'm a bit worried about the future and 60 fps.
You know, The Last Of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, GOW, Days Gone
and almost all of this stuff are old gen or multiplatform games.
So they were designed for like 5-10 year old hardware
and of course the newest hardware is able to run this in 1440p or higher at 60 fps.
(but even in this PS4 / multiplatform pool not all games are 100% stable 60 fps on PS5 / X)

But there are and there will be limitations. If they improve the graphics, the resolutions, the effects, the ray tracing stuff,
next gen only things,
the hardware will reach its limit very fast and then it will get to a point
where each developer has to decide if they want to do 1080-1440p at 60
or if they want to go all in 4K next gen ultra settings Uncharted movie style but at 30 fps.

We already have some examples like Demons Souls that did it well
but theres also the PS5 exclusive game Returnal that was made in 1080p and then upscaled by the devs to 1440p
and then the PS5 is upscaling it to 4K but the real resolution is still 1080p
and the game is not stable 60 fps at all.
So i'm a bit worried what is going to happen in the future.
Some Ghost of Tsushima 2 in 5 years or whatever, next gen only, bigger open world,
higher resolutions, more foliage, more NPCs, more towns, more enemies ...
will it be 60 fps?

i think both the PS5 and Series X have plenty of headroom where once devs are able to eek out more of its potential, we’ll see native titles hit 60fps and 4K without much difficulty. Returnal confused me at first, but I’m guessing with more time and knowledge of the PS5 SDK, they would have been able to hit a stable 60 with 4K. Even with all those particle effects. The game looks stunning regardless by the way.

When you consider that DLSS and VRR are coming to PS5, these will go a looong way to making games run smooth with high fidelity. So taking into account the specs on these consoles are very impressive and high end, along with devs still learning their way around the SDKs, I think all your fears will be assuaged.

Edit: and this being the perfect thread, if you look at what Naughty Dog managed to create with Lou Part 2 on a PS4, imagine what they’ll be able to do with the much, much, much better specs of the PS5 once they get a handle of it.

i think both the PS5 and Series X have plenty of headroom where once devs are able to eek out more of its potential, we’ll see native titles hit 60fps and 4K without much difficulty. Returnal confused me at first, but I’m guessing with more time and knowledge of the PS5 SDK, they would have been able to hit a stable 60 with 4K. Even with all those particle effects. The game looks stunning regardless by the way.

When you consider that DLSS and VRR are coming to PS5, these will go a looong way to making games run smooth with high fidelity. So taking into account the specs on these consoles are very impressive and high end, along with devs still learning their way around the SDKs, I think all your fears will be assuaged.

Edit: and this being the perfect thread, if you look at what Naughty Dog managed to create with Lou Part 2 on a PS4, imagine what they’ll be able to do with the much, much, much better specs of the PS5 once they get a handle of it.
Its true that studios are still learning and we dont have enough examples at the moment
but i still think it could go both ways.
In a best case scenario, every single game would have a performance
and a resolution option, so people can simply choose between lets say 1440p 60
or true 1800-2160p 30 fps

But thats probably just unrealistic because this kind of option was already possible
on PS4 (Pro) for example but only a couple games used it. Most games simply forced you to use a specific preset
AND a lot of times even the games with performance modes still struggled with stable 30 / 60 fps.

And this is my fear for now. You know, not that the developers wont offer performance modes
but i fear a lot of times they will just call it performance mode or 60 fps mode or something like that
to make it sound like its true 60 fps but in reality what they mean is simply a unlocked frame rate
which doesnt mean that its stable 60 fps but that it can reach 60 fps. Thats not the same thing.
A Resident Evil Village with RTX on at 40, 50, 55 fps is not the same thing
as Resident Evil Village with RTX off at 100% stable 60 fps.

Not all PS4 60 fps games are actually stable 60 fps games on PS5.
The frame rate is just unlocked. And there are great examples
like Ghost of Tsushima, Judgment, Sekiro, Monster Hunter World and other PS4 games
that have perfectly fine 60 fps on PS5.
But there are also PS4 and PS5 games that dont have perfectly fine 60 fps on PS5.

The fear i have is not about graphics at all. Sony First Party exclusives
and so on are going to look better and better over the years.
But what about performance? A lot of the latest PS4 games (before the PS5 was out)
struggled with stable 30 fps on PS4 (Pro) because
the graphical quality simply pushed the machines to literally 100%
and there was no more headroom for performance,
which kind of made 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 fps nothing special.
The looks were always a more important goal than the performance.

So how is this going to be on PS5? Will they also push the graphical quality more and more and more
until the machine is at 100% simply because of the graphical quality
and be okay with the frame rate stuck at 45-58 fps instead of 60?
Because i dont like that idea.

Or will they acknowledge that 60 fps should be a main goal
and therefore leave a bit of headroom just for the performance?
If they go all in on the graphics, the resolution, the foliage, shadows, draw distance,
NPCs on screen etc, it will get harder and harder to reach 60 fps.
Sure, there still can be better optimization and resolution upscaling modes
but even that could be used to make the graphics even better, instead of using it for performance.
No one will force them to use the headroom from software updates to reach a better performance.

So my biggest fear is simply that we could reach a point where 'next gen 60 fps'
just means: its not locked at 30 fps. The frame rate is somewhere between 35 and 55 fps.
And that would be absolutely terrible in my opinion.
60 fps is not just the double of 30 fps, you also need way more headroom
so that intense scenes still have enough ressources to not tank the frame rate. The drop height is way higher.
Of course at the same time they want to upgrade the looks of these games
to make them look way better than PS4 games. And these two things,
a lot of performance headroom, and pushing the graphical quality beyond PS4 quality,
are pretty much working against each other. I'm a bit afraid of the results.

Back