So Nintendo has thier own "Konami vs Kojima" skeleton...

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
A former creative dev is basically using a free middle-ware to create games from old FE design docs he had & rebranding them as spiritual successors. He used to work at Intelligent system and burned any bridges with Nintendo over the Gunpei Yokoi incident. Nintendo wants to erase him like how they basically erased Gunpei Yokoi when they released a collective works to celebrate the Fire Emblem series and fans noticed he wasn't even mentioned even tho he was the creator.(Like how Konami tried to erase Kojima from anything metal gears solid related)

Any passion project from him trying to realize his leftover FE design docs that he tried to commercialized has been met with lawsuits after lawsuits by Ninty to shut it down.

So he works free-lance jobs and use that money to hire a budget team to help him turn his unrealized games into a series of spiritual passion projects in which he is giving them away for free non-commercially so Ninty can't take him to court.

An indy publisher is helping him localize his game for the western audience and any sale is only to recoup localization effort for the publisher. Kaga is not receiving any royalty nor profiting from it at all or else Ninty will come after him...again. Any extra proceeds will go toward localizing other installments and/or benefit the publisher solely.

The game is legit free and non-commercially released domestically in Japan by Kaga himself.

A lot of hardcore FE fans are praising it as the true OG vision of classic FE and not the dating/convoluted world building/marriage-shipping direction more recent FE games has taken.

p.s. JP SNS/discussions says that Nintendo has also banned Intelligent System from consulting with him about his own OG franchise going forward after he had left so that's a thing too.

----------------------------------------------------

That's everything I've pieced so far from my research into this as to give context to this game and its ill fated history. U can try the demo urself available now on that steam page to see if U like it or not. I'll buy it when it's released just to give Kaga's rep a +1 for not giving up his passion project even tho Ninty has black-balled his career indefinitely.

Feel free to discuss/post ur opinion on the matter.

Remember when Nintendo yakuza killed Gunpei Yokoi with a car collision because he made a better handheld for a competitor? I remember.

rip Wonderswan. Anyways thanks for the link, I think I'll give it a shot just to spite them.

Remember when Nintendo yakuza killed Gunpei Yokoi with a car collision because he made a better handheld for a competitor? I remember.

rip Wonderswan. Anyways thanks for the link, I think I'll give it a shot just to spite them.

Yea, I think I'm done with the FE franchise after finding out where everything went wrong. I had a bad time with Awakening+Fates after the new direction it took. Heroes was the last straw. So finding out about this came at quite the good timing.(y)

Back