Some fans and their criticism floating around

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"

Not trying to doom anything but, just wondering if some of these things are good to discuss or ponder by others in the fandom despite the hype?

Max(a huge supporter/fan) did confirm he got insider info FS sales flopped hard causing the long hiatus. He hopes VF5:US doesn't go down the same fate and permanently shelves the IP's fate.

I didn't watch any of the videos because a lot of the guys in the FGC are goofball drama-queens (though admittedly that's half the appeal sometimes)... BUT I can guess some of what they might be saying based on what you wrote, and I understand the concern.

My gut feeling is they simply wouldn't have gone through the trouble of throwing the game into a new engine and letting the guys at Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio get some hands on experience with the series unless they had something more in the pipeline. Member when Sega released Valkyria Revolution after a long series hiatus, much to the dismay of virtually everyone, and then the very next year released Valkyria Chronicles 4?

This is a good point. While I am excited about Virtua Fighters' return, a part of me wonders how long before the game is forgotten about. I mean, there was a reason why the series remained dormant for almost ten years.

Negativity gets clicks...so what else is new?

I love that people think that SEGA is the same powerhouse it was in the 90s. Everyone loves to say make VF6...there is a reason we haven't gotten a VF6. Max mentioned it in his video, VF5 FS did not sell well.

I don't know how well VF5 did in general, but SEGA's arcade business is not what it once was.

The series has remained effectively dead because SEGA is not the same powerhouse it once was. Think about it? What does SEGA really do nowadays? Yakuza games, Phantasy Star Online and the occasional Sonic game. Even their arcade business is not what it was as the arcades are slowly dying in Japan.

They're not the same powerhouse they once were, they've been playing it safe for years on end now.

If anything, I think this is a good sign. It's a good way to test the waters with the Dragon Engine in hope that we can get something new on a decent budget using the tech they already have.

But hey, Youtube drama queens need their clicks...so why talk logic when you can talk out of your ass and be negative for the sake of being negative instead?

At least Max is rational.

The only thing I'm disappointed by with this announcement is the PS4 exclusivity. I would have liked to have had this everywhere day one just to potentially get a bigger player base in but hey, what can you do?

Last edited:
Not gonna watch any of those video. Shitty cheap clickbait works that way, if they don't want to play the game fuck'em all, but no 0.00001 cents from me watching those video to them.

Yep. Bored of that trash. These are products no one’s obligated to buy. In this case, it’s a freebie if you’re on PS+ and it looks like they put more into it than usual. Sega got their best studio to remake the game!

If it bleeds it leads as the old saying goes. Never have cared for these negativity channels. I won't be watching them.
Hopefully the PS4 exclusivity is just a 6 month window though because I want it to get into as many hands as possible.
I believe that Ultimate Showdown will do well enough for Sega to continue with 6. Ultimate Showdown is a test run of what the two studios can do with the IP and 6 will be the real deal. Looking forward to diving back into 5 gladly. I'm just pleasantly surprised that VF is back.

I clicked one video and it had tons of dislikes. I don't think the VF community appreciates this nonsense. Like us, they've been waiting years for a resurrection. If the game is a disaster, which it very much doesn't look like based on footage I've seen, then complain away.

If these guys expected Sega to pump $20 million. into VF6 to satisfy their ego-centrism, then I guess they can't be helped. My only complaint is YS isn't involved, but he wasn't involved in VF5 anyway.

I didn't watch any of the videos because a lot of the guys in the FGC are goofball drama-queens (though admittedly that's half the appeal sometimes)... BUT I can guess some of what they might be saying based on what you wrote, and I understand the concern.

My gut feeling is they simply wouldn't have gone through the trouble of throwing the game into a new engine and letting the guys at Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio get some hands on experience with the series unless they had something more in the pipeline. Member when Sega released Valkyria Revolution after a long series hiatus, much to the dismay of virtually everyone, and then the very next year released Valkyria Chronicles 4?
If we get VF6 despite all the doomsayers being rite, I'll eat a big fat Crow with mustard topped. :whistle:

I seriously doubt that the youtube drama queens will have much influence on the sales numbers. This people live in their youtube bubble and really think they matter. But in fact they did not not. Most Virtua Fighter fans are already older. Old enough to make their own opnion and do not base opion on that weird youtube personalties. Only teens and maybe some tweens fell for that nonese. And they are not the target audiance anyway. They were not even around or not old enough to know what VF is really about.

Opinion youtubers arew overated. They do not reach or speak most of the gamer out there.

K I stayed up to late to recap on the Virtua fighter stream, but this translation posted by fans cleared up some stuff and re-installed some more confidence for me.

vfus.png

dropping the stream-history here if you wanna see some sega sponsored demo's with pro players vs staffs cross promotion.

I'm off to catch some ZZZ's.

K I stayed up to late to recap on the Virtua fighter stream, but this translation posted by fans cleared up some stuff and re-installed some more confidence for me.

View attachment 11545

dropping the stream-history here if you wanna see some sega sponsored demo's with pro players vs staffs cross promotion.

Thanks for that, Excellent breakdown

It really sucks everything is a controversy or a disappointment. The game is a REMAKE by Sega's top studio, being released for FREE for two months if you're on PS4. I can't believe people are whining. *I'm reading another forum right now* I get we shouldn't accept bad products, but we're talking something that's free, wasn't ever meant to be made and looks pretty damn good.

It's funny as 90% of people were like "I'd be happy with a port of FS in 4k" then Sega blow that expectation away and it's then "No rollback no buy" - it's free for 47 million people, oh my god! honestly the entitlement of 'hardcore gamers' astounds me. I think a lot of people have no interest in what's being offered but just have to chime in with a 'valid reason' why it's disappointing/why I'M not buying it etc. Nobody cares. Go away.

The worst are those that prefix with ' I am a huge fan but they lost me for life' no, you weren't. Go away.

K I stayed up too late to recap on the Virtua fighter stream, but this translation posted by fans cleared up some stuff and re-installed some more confidence for me.

View attachment 11545

dropping the stream history here if you wanna see some sega-sponsored demos with pro players vs staff cross-promotion.

Great work. I have confidence in AM2 that everything will work out in the end. In all honesty, I don't care what the critics are complaining about. While not as long as Shenmue, I have waited for years for Virtua Fighter to regain its prominence. I am sure all the issues will be worked out in the end as this is AM2 we are talking about.

Money is louder than words so let's show the critics who SEGA should listen to.

Guess what? It's good. I see he made the third video in the OP; I guess he wasn't complaining for the sake of complaining.

It's funny as 90% of people were like "I'd be happy with a port of FS in 4k" then Sega blow that expectation away and it's then "No rollback no buy" - it's free for 47 million people, oh my god! honestly the entitlement of 'hardcore gamers' astounds me. I think a lot of people have no interest in what's being offered but just have to chime in with a 'valid reason' why it's disappointing/why I'M not buying it etc. Nobody cares. Go away.

The worst are those that prefix with ' I am a huge fan but they lost me for life' no, you weren't. Go away.

I won’t lie. The lack of roll back is slightly disappointing especially given the fact that they’re aiming this at online competition. BUT with that said, coming from someone who plays a lot of Tekken 7 online, it’s not like delay based NetCode is completely broken either.

I get plenty of decent online matches in Tekken 7 with its delay based NetCode. This is coming from someone who has close to over 1000 hours in Tekken 7 online.

yes, rollback would have been very welcomed, but delay based is not the end of the world either.

I’m just happy they’re doing something with VF again at long last. I am a huge fan and I just want VF back on a modern platform with another chance to get a decent online community. If this provides that then great!

Back