Someone please upload this elsewhere (Shenmue 1 Undub by Kogami)

This is Kogami's undub for Shenmue 1 compressed in zip files (individual discs, downloads) and in GDI format:

Who knows how long before it's deleted and no longer up for download so if someone can upload these eelswhere it would be great. Most links to this on other sources are broken but I don't for sure if this is the only one accessable.

You might think who needs this when the remasters have been available for over a year now at a cheap price and lets us use the Japanese voices with English subs but this is good for emulating on the phone and PC.

Thanks.

I'm all for preservation.

Question on the GDI's: Are they specifically for emulator use? Can they be used as a disc image for burning in DiscJuggler?

Not sure what the rules on here are regarding copyrighted material though. Might be a no no on preserving this.

I've stashed these away on my Google Drive account. Should these links ever go down, anyone who needs to access the files -- feel free to DM me.

Boom! Preservation is something I believe strongly in. Congrats on your effort and thanks.

I'm all for preservation.

Question on the GDI's: Are they specifically for emulator use? Can they be used as a disc image for burning in DiscJuggler?

Not sure what the rules on here are regarding copyrighted material though. Might be a no no on preserving this.

If you have a disc emulator like gdemu or usb-gdrom you can play gdi files on a real dreamcast as well. I also think it will be legally fine if their just the patches only though

If you guys care about preservation you should look into IPFS [ InterPlanetary File System ]
There are addons for both Firefox and Chrome, as long as there is one person with these files on the network and hashes are shared, it will be available for download, and they will always be checked if they're uncorrupted. You don't even need all files together [ So please unpack them or pack them individually ]
[ It's a bit like bittorent and magnets but expanded ]
I might start myself tomorrow

Yes yes yes. Any decent examples of IPFS out there?

I used to be involved in preservation many years ago but our project was shut down for obvious piracy reasons (We were stupid/naive in hindsight)...

This thread is bringing back those memories...

Back