Sony Account Security Issues

I’m so fucking done with them.

Never mind two instances of people somehow getting into my account within the past year and making fraudulent charges on my card and then being told Sony does not offer refunds - that I’ve already written about here. I get an email here just 40 minutes ago, 1am when I’d been sleeping for the past several hours and could not possibly have changed my password...hell, I have not touched my account or ps4 in days and yet somehow I changed my password.

So I go to reset my password, no email. Multiple times, both from my console as well as the website and on my phone, all multiple times, no email. I go to search for customer support and all I can find is some stupid robot that’s ultimately useless because it says it can’t find an account with my details. I’ve got it all written down so it is all accurate. But it’s not like I go around telling people my login details or anything, especially with how often I change my password myself. This is BS.

So I scour the internet for any way to contact an actual person and have to use a wikihow to find an email that might have someone real reply to me. Hopefully it’s up to date.

Thankfully I don’t have my new card on my account but that does mean I’ve had to pay extra just to go through a middle man for PSN cards which it really shouldn’t have to be like that if Sony took security seriously. I don’t recall if I had my old card I’d planned to close out on my account and I’m afraid to see what kind of debt these asshats are racking up or how I might even contact my old bank when they are bullshit as well.

From here on out, between this and their nonsense censorship policy and all I’m just never purchasing anything with the Sony label on it again.

What scared me about Sony is the constant resetting of my password. Not recently but unused to have to reset my password every few months and it made me suspicious about their security. If I have a card stored, it's always a credit card so I know I can claim any fraudulent transactions back through the credit card company.

Sorry you've had such issues and they haven't been much help - since the whole Cyberpunk disaster they do have a system in place to where you can request refunds - you just fill in a form with details on the purchase and they can refund you if the purchase was made within the last 2 weeks - I had an accidental purchase recently... admittedly from my own stupidity but I got it resolved.

Here's a link to the UK Refund page - I'm sure there is the equivalent for other places:

Not sure if it will help but I thought it would be wort noting.

I’m so fucking done with them.

Never mind two instances of people somehow getting into my account within the past year and making fraudulent charges on my card and then being told Sony does not offer refunds - that I’ve already written about here. I get an email here just 40 minutes ago, 1am when I’d been sleeping for the past several hours and could not possibly have changed my password...hell, I have not touched my account or ps4 in days and yet somehow I changed my password.

So I go to reset my password, no email. Multiple times, both from my console as well as the website and on my phone, all multiple times, no email. I go to search for customer support and all I can find is some stupid robot that’s ultimately useless because it says it can’t find an account with my details. I’ve got it all written down so it is all accurate. But it’s not like I go around telling people my login details or anything, especially with how often I change my password myself. This is BS.

So I scour the internet for any way to contact an actual person and have to use a wikihow to find an email that might have someone real reply to me. Hopefully it’s up to date.

Thankfully I don’t have my new card on my account but that does mean I’ve had to pay extra just to go through a middle man for PSN cards which it really shouldn’t have to be like that if Sony took security seriously. I don’t recall if I had my old card I’d planned to close out on my account and I’m afraid to see what kind of debt these asshats are racking up or how I might even contact my old bank when they are bullshit as well.

From here on out, between this and their nonsense censorship policy and all I’m just never purchasing anything with the Sony label on it again.
Welcome to the club m8. I was already pretty upset with the way they treated the Vita outside the JP branch + their increasingly obsessive focus on western software and AAA over bolstering their internal JP devs, but the strengthened nanny censorship was the final straw for me. I'd love to go back to consoles one day, but currently I just can't stomach any of the console producers.

Changed the topic name. No issue with the content of the topic and I hope that gets sorted but the original Topic Name could incite console war type issues which is not something we promote here.

bloodyheartland, on your psn account, have you got 2-step verification set up?

i know it's not helpful but personally.. im not a big fan of using my card on psn, so in the rare occasions i want something, i use top-up vouchers.

Last edited:
Actually going to remove my Paypal from my PS account now! I'll use PS vouchers if I need something. Better to be safe than sorry.
Had no idea security was so bad.. :crying:

Stop reusing passwords on multiple sites, get a password manager like bitwarden to help, set up 2FA.
You can use haveibeenpwned.com to see where your usernames/emails/passwords have been leaked

Sony is becoming very anti-consumer lately. That used to be Ninty's turf. Microsoft is laying alot of good-will groundworks this gen. Won't be surprised if Xbox overtake Playstation eventually.

Wish Sega was still around the console market to shake things up. I hate the direction we're heading with the current industry.
Not in Europe. MS has never been cool in Europe. Nobody cares About Xbox. It is either a Nintendo, Sony or PC. MS is just too American to be taken seriously in Europe. And in Japan MS is dead as well.

in North America it might happen though. MS is rather strong here. But MS does not care About Europe. Their Marketing their is not existant and their executives Spencer, Booty and so forth are classic Americans with not a single Clou how to please Europeans.

But you are right in General the direction is not good. But it is unlikely that any fraction will win. They are just Carbon copies of each Sony. Sony is just copying Microsoft or the other way round.

That last few Generations were the most boring ever. They did not gave you any reason to Change. If you are Sony Fan you stay with Sony. MS never gave you a reason to swap. Same Thing goes for Microsoft. If you like Xbox you stay at Xbox . Sony did nothing to win the Xbox People over.

In fact the console war is over. It is all about personal preferences. I know the Internet does not think way but I seriously can see no rational reason why to switch Brands. Every Company Plays safe and just Plays copy cat.

I miss the 16 and 32 bit times where each console try to stand out and be better than the other. These times are gone now.

Today it is all about preferences. The only way one company could beat the other would be the move away from the comfort zone. Make new genres, do something the competition is not doing. Neither Sony nor Microsoft are interested in that. So things are going to stay boring.

Not in Europe. MS has never been cool in Europe. Nobody cares About Xbox. It is either a Nintendo, Sony or PC. MS is just too American to be taken seriously in Europe. And in Japan MS is dead as well.

in North America it might happen though. MS is rather strong here. But MS does not care About Europe. Their Marketing their is not existant and their executives Spencer, Booty and so forth are classic Americans with not a single Clou how to please Europeans.

But you are right in General the direction is not good. But it is unlikely that any fraction will win. They are just Carbon copies of each Sony. Sony is just copying Microsoft or the other way round.

That last few Generations were the most boring ever. They did not gave you any reason to Change. If you are Sony Fan you stay with Sony. MS never gave you a reason to swap. Same Thing goes for Microsoft. If you like Xbox you stay at Xbox . Sony did nothing to win the Xbox People over.

In fact the console war is over. It is all about personal preferences. I know the Internet does not think way but I seriously can see no rational reason why to switch Brands. Every Company Plays safe and just Plays copy cat.

I miss the 16 and 32 bit times where each console try to stand out and be better than the other. These times are gone now.

Today it is all about preferences. The only way one company could beat the other would be the move away from the comfort zone. Make new genres, do something the competition is not doing. Neither Sony nor Microsoft are interested in that. So things are going to stay boring.
PS3 era was the last good sony era imo. Ps4 is great, but the library is just not really creative enough for me. Multi-platform also means I rarely need to even support good games on PlayStation..

Back