Sony Announces "Nintendo Direct" Style Stream - Will show New PS4 & PSVR Games - Monday 25th March!

Yeah...that was a whole load of nothing.

Well...not nothing...I really enjoyed that Mortal Kombat 11 trailer.

I said it elsewhere, this felt like a Nintendo Direct...but without the charm of a direct. Which is pretty much the same of anything that Sony tries to copy directly from Nintendo.

I didn't think it was entirely terrible and I do think it's a decent way to showcase their release schedule and if they do do more of these then it's not out of the realm of possibility for Shenmue III to show up in the next one closer to release window (assuming they do another one in the next few months.) If you look at everything they showed, it's all stuff releasing in the next three months or so...so if they do another one then Shenmue III could possibly show up in the next one. But that's "if."

I just think it was a bit underwhelming...but then again, that would be because PSVR does not appeal to me in the slightest and that was at least 70% of this thing.

Overall generally meh.

Hope more comes from the others they do. Days gone looks fun and VR looks good.

Yep, i was not expecting any Shenmue but that was terrible. Nothing showcased looked eye catching to me. Streams like this really make me realize just how little i find interesting about modern gaming trends like VR ect. I probably wouldnt be gaming right now and would have quit long ago if it wasnt for Shenmue III coming.

It was not even a "Nintendo Direct" thing but an ordinary banner advertising like the ones you see in game stores while nobody cares.

Last edited:
VR is not a trend, it's not even a fad at this point.
They are just thinking of PS5 and have nothing to show.
There have been good japanese games released this month, sekiro, dmc5 and judgement is coming.
Western developers are pozzed though (and that's a good thing).

Guys the time of big ps4 title is officially over. The Ps4 is in it's last phase of life. It was clear from the start at least for me that they will just show some of their remaining AAA titles and the VR stuff.

Not a fan of VR myself do not even have the equipment but the iron man vr stuff and the vr shooter looks interesting . Not interesting enough to get VR but still nice.

There won't be any big Sony Games this year. 2020 or 2021 will be more interesting when the next batch of games arrive.

This lack of decent games is good for Shenmue 3. So we cannot complain I think

It seems like they are setting up in a way where we’ll see a State of Play stream every 2-3 months. I expect we’ll see previews of Shenmue 3, Judgment, Control (also releases Aug 27th), and a few other Summer releases in the next one.

Hopefully they improve the formatting a bit to give it some character.

I found it so boring State of the Play none of the games shown interrest me. Actually Crash Team racing was the only one. Maybe the next one will show better games.

I think when there was something Shenmue-related there the official Twitter-Accounts would hint something. I don't expected anything and that was good. It's good that there are not big titles there like GTA 6 or something like that. That's good for shenmue 3. Days Gone and Ghosts of Tsushima are no competitors for Shenmue 3. They are not mainstream enough. ^^

I still think for Shenmue related stuff we should rather count on Deep Silver and not on Sony. Even if Sony is still involved in the Project they have not done much after the 2015 conference to promote it. I do not think it will get big screentime from Sony.

But it could be still featured in one of the future state of Play Videos because it is still a PS4 exclusive. But as Shenmue 3 Comes on the PC too, they might not Feature it and Keep Screen time for Ps4 only games. But we will see.

I still think for Shenmue related stuff we should rather count on Deep Silver and not on Sony. Even if Sony is still involved in the Project they have not done much after the 2015 conference to promote it. I do not think it will get big screentime from Sony.

But it could be still featured in one of the future state of Play Videos because it is still a PS4 exclusive. But as Shenmue 3 Comes on the PC too, they might not Feature it and Keep Screen time for Ps4 only games. But we will see.

I think E3 2015 was all about Sony wanting to 'win' E3. I think now the hype has died down and reaction to what has been shown so far has been mixed, Sony aren't so reliant on the game's release. I agree that Deep Silver are ultimately responsible for marketing and promoting the game.

That said, its position as a PS4 console exclusive is irrelevant. They showcased multiplatform releases like Crash Team Racing and Mortal Kombat 11 in last night's State of Play. It's not just exclusives they show off.

Back