Sony is driving away Indie devs in favor of AAA projects

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
And the fanboy's are rubbing the salt in as well.

Shenmue would most likely fall into this camp so, I doubt SIV is gunna be a thing on Ps5/pS4 at this rate.

Playstation wants to be an AAA only console it seems. Based on past statements, the new Higher up's history, and the direction they're moving towards.

What do you guys think about all of this? :unsure:

If that is true i have just one question. Where are these AAA titles the internt is talking about? Sony has not announced a single AAA title in years. And the ones we know are month or years away. And why were the lattest state of play all more Indy focused than ever?

So according to the internet Sony hates indies and just want to make AAA Games. But it does not show AAA games just indies.

The Sony hate is hyperpole. Youtubers and Journalists greedy for clicks making up stuff to earn their money. We do not know yet what is going to happen. Yongyea is one of the worst youtubers of this kind.

For a AAA game company Sony has to little AAA Games in the works. They just have many Indies in store.

I really wonder why the internet does not match the Reality. Oh no not really I am just sarcastic. it has always been these ways. The internet and the realtiy does not much.

I am sorry but the internet theory and the reality does not match. Nobody knows the whole picture. The internet is just guesing because there is not definite statement from Sony.

These whole stuff is not worth bothering. To little definite information.

It is unfortunate @spud1897 but cannot be avoided. Content Creators needs clicks. Sony generates this clicks. When Sony does not give that outlets something to write or talk about they make their own stories and present them as the ultimate truth and that is just wrong.

To get that out of the way yes I am rather pro Playstation and I might be a bit leniant towards playstation but I am not a blind fanboy. My arguments are based on pure logic. Based on the minmal offical information we have.

And I do not see any proof for these statements. We have just random opinions. some disgruntled indie devs Their opinion might valid from their point of view but they cannot speak for Sony as a whole.

Then we have Schreier wo interviewed some disgrutled people within Sony that have their own opinion. Might be true from their point of view but again this low level people do not have the authority to speak for Sony as a whole. They do not know the big picture.

People are just making their story with their own random information they have. That is not right. That is not enough intel to reliably predict the future course of Sony as company. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
I think that the internet has done great job in bringing groups of people together... such as here at the Dojo. It has also become the worst invention humanity has ever created as it causes massive division across all facets of our lives. Social Media, blogs, opinion pieces being spread as fact.... these are all toxic to human interaction. Now we have mobs of people from various camps that gang up on each other to feel like they belong because they don't have face to face human contact that they need... especially since the start of covid.

The hate against Sony by a few indie devs.... it's the same thing. Just another camp trying to yell the loudest to get some attention and fanboys jump into the fray to feel like they belong. It's actually rather pathetic how far humanity has fallen socially.

If Shenmue 4 happens... I expect it to be on PS4/5 and PC and maybe even Xbox and Switch with re-releases of the the first three on those platforms to catch those groups up on the story. Again... that's if Shenmue 4 happens... which I'm not optimistic about.

Doesn’t really surprise me considering Sony can’t do much to control them. Let the indies go to PC and Switch along with all the other good devs.

I just want to drop some 2 cents as well, that if Sony really don't do more major PR/good-will moves to regain dev trusts it'll start with these few, but it'll snowball into a major problem. (Aka like how Ninty bled almost all its 3rd party support).

Back