sooo why do the characters' eyes shine?

Favourite title
Shenmue
ok so, one of my fave things in the anime is how it's expanding on ryo's super powers i.e whenever he uses his "strength" his eyes glow (?)FPZFxjaXoAAsPk8.jpegScreenshot_20220410-112810_Chrome.jpg
which is an interesting way to show that he has super powers, but the thing is I thought he was the only character with that "glow" (which makes sense given shenhua's prophecy)...TURNS OUT THAT HE'S NOT THE ONLY ONE AND THAT MULTIPLE characters possess the Glow (gonna be calling it this from now on, because I don't know what it's supposed to be)20220423_163218.jpgScreenshot_20220423-163640_Video Player.jpg
even a character like zongquan has it?? Like why?? What for?

not only is the Glow present in multiple characters BUT ALSO, IT COMES IN COLORS (white, blue, and brown as shown above)

so what exactly is the deal with it? anyone knows?

It's an anime, we have animes where a guy can make his hair go yellow and another where a teenager can make multiple clones of himself.

Is something very tipycal in anime and the function is to show features of the character in action. For example when shows it on Ryo, it shows his desire of revenge or determination, on Xiyuing can be her tenacity and on Dou Niu his avarice.

Even "realistics" anime use this, for example in Hajime no Ippo when a character still have the "flame" to fight

1650822859004.png

It takes advance of not be a real medium (with real persons I mean) to show those features.

That's ki burning inside. Visual renforcement saying "uh this dude/gal is very strong/spirited" like many already pointed.
The color also plays a part. Orange for a strong willed/desire, blue for cold/scary/gloomy characters...
Its also the visual trick since long ago, when the more physical strenght related "hairy means ultra-strong" ruled all.
That's why Bruce Lee glued dead hamsters at Chuck Norris chest and back in Way of Dragon, to reinforce his strenght appereance for asian audiences.

Back