[!!SPOILERS!!] Datamined Info - Discussion Thread (Backer Demo)

Jibby

🍇
Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
the waiting game.
There have been reports of datamined information in the demo that reveal certain things about the final game. The Shenmue Dojo WILL allow discussion of this information, but ONLY within this thread.

This thread will be moderated by @LemonHaze

Do NOT post about or allude to ANY datamined information outside of this thread.

Doing so may result in warnings or suspensions being issued.

Thanks guys!

Yup, the games entire soundtrack is in the demo files. A lot of returning tracks but with much higher quality sound apparently, in addition to new tracks

Yup, the games entire soundtrack is in the demo files. A lot of returning tracks but with much higher quality sound apparently, in addition to new tracks

Much higher sound quality is an understatement. Lot of fun tracks too; like the Tomato Store song, the intro songs for both Shenmue and Shenmue II, the Darts song, a high-quality and full version of Joy's theme. Lots of fun stuff there. The only thing that makes me doubt it's the ENTIRE soundtrack is "LiRiver_BGM" is literally nothing but a single copy of Panama by Van Halen.

Looks like an old model of Lan-Di. Also,

I’ll just use this reply to say I disagree that spoiler tags should be required for anything in this thread. We are already two barrier removed from the non spoiler section of this forum.

Much higher sound quality is an understatement. Lot of fun tracks too; like the Tomato Store song, the intro songs for both Shenmue and Shenmue II, the Darts song, a high-quality and full version of Joy's theme. Lots of fun stuff there. The only thing that makes me doubt it's the ENTIRE soundtrack is "LiRiver_BGM" is literally nothing but a single copy of Panama by Van Halen.

Interesting! Thanks. :)

I can only go by what I’ve read since I don’t have access to the demo myself.

Joys theme eh? Getting ready for some flashbacks/phone calls!

C++:
// Enum Shenmue3.ES3DemoType
enum class ES3DemoType : uint8_t
{
    ES3DemoType__None              = 0,
    ES3DemoType__Gamescom          = 1,
    ES3DemoType__Trial             = 2,
    ES3DemoType__TGS               = 3,
    ES3DemoType__Business          = 4,
    ES3DemoType__Roadshow          = 5,
    ES3DemoType__ES3DemoType_MAX   = 6
};
Does this mean that the demo build is more recent than Gamescom but older than TGS?

Code:
[/Script/Shenmue3.S3SubmissionConfig]
+AvailableLocales=ES3Locale::Japanese
+AvailableLocales=ES3Locale::US_English
+AvailableLocales=ES3Locale::French
+AvailableLocales=ES3Locale::Italian
+AvailableLocales=ES3Locale::German
+AvailableLocales=ES3Locale::Spanish
+AvailableLocales=ES3Locale::Portuguese

+AvailableVoiceLanguages=ES3VoiceLanguage::Japanese
+AvailableVoiceLanguages=ES3VoiceLanguage::English

bAllowChobu=True
bAllowCave=True
bDisableNPC=False
bDisableCutscene=False
LimitStepMin=-1
LimitStepMax=-1
DemoType=ES3DemoType::Trial

Allow cave?? Yes!!!
Do keep in mind that the trial is only about 12 GB. They did not include data files for most of the content we aren't supposed to access.

When they said it requires 20GB, it was probably because the download is around 7.5 and extracted it's around 12. I suspect the final game will be around 60GB, and a 40GB download based on that, but who knows, maybe it will really be 100GB.

Do keep in mind that the trial is only about 12 GB. They did not include data files for most of the content we aren't supposed to access.

When they said it requires 20GB, it was probably because the download is around 7.5 and extracted it's around 12. I suspect the final game will be around 60GB, and a 40GB download based on that, but who knows, maybe it will really be 100GB.

Yes, I know but it likely confirms we’ll be able to access the cave apart from needing to go there for any story reasons.

Back