[!!SPOILERS!!] Datamined Info - Discussion Thread (Backer Demo)

While some things may have changed, check out this thread I made summarizing what we know of Bailu just from the first two games: https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/shenmue-ii-bailu-village-information.1850/

There are a lot of consistent facts here, like herb gathering and the pharmacy. We will have to wait until release to get the feel of the rest of the village, but it feels pretty close to what I imagined.
I actually have read through this before, thanks. Stuff like the pharmacy and herbs is great, but unfortunately it doesn't make gachapon go away lol. It's by no means the end of the world, just my personal little grievance.

Here's an update, but not with all the characters that I would have liked, i keep a certain prudence, it's not that simple to find the good one, so i continue to seek the perfect match because i'm not quite sure, but i dare to place someone, because of the ideas behind the Tale of the Mysterious Wind and the Man and the Peach Tree, and mostly because of the bad quality of the original one on the poster...If you have wise advices to help me to correct it and to go further ahead, until the release (which bring us some answers) it's OK for me, Thanks to you and have fun, 8 days left...
Lvi97bMNb8I.jpg

If someone scans a 104-page artbook from a collector’s edition. I think we can add more to the picture.
https://www.pixnlovepublishing.com/game-series/871-shenmue-iii-collector-s-edition-ps4.html

Yes, you are right, I know that photo, found yesterday via twitter, i've modified the poster accordingly to these artworks and the last video from YSNET, but i wasn't sure if this was the good ones for some of the characters, let me know about this update because I went to simpler rather than imagine more complicated, and if you had more suitable elements to communicate in order to refine the details of this poster, I would agree them with great pleasure, Thanks a lot to you !
shenico3.jpg

Last edited:
Where are all the good peeps that were datamining the backers demo? Is there anyone else doing the same for the final game?

It would be nice to have some extra info!

Where are all the good peeps that were datamining the backers demo? Is there anyone else doing the same for the final game?
Im more suprised people arent really modding the game.
Pretty much everyone involved with the demo has had a policy of "I want to finish the game first". They have not finished the game yet. LemonHaze posted a modding SDK for the game on GitHub and a sample mod that disables stamina loss when running, but last I heard is still working to finish playing the game.

You will probably begin to see more after more people actually finish the game. The tools and steps developed for the demo all work on the final.

The only thing of note I can provide right now - the final game soundtrack is slightly smaller than the initial demo release before the patch removed the unused tracks that were accidentally left in. An obvious omission was the Van Halen track, which we figured would be removed, yet the overall music archives are a few MB smaller still. I haven't gone through and made a comparison yet to see why, but based on the size difference they probably cut 2 or 3 other tracks in the final game.

The are definitely have some unanswered questions worth looking into.
Especially for remains of the 'great wall', which seems like it might have just been FMV in the final game. As someone else pointed out elsewhere, in the 2017 trailer Ryo is fighting the leader of the Red Snakes in the great wall area instead of where it happens in the final game. Then again, we also see them fight in Bailu in the hermit's nest, which we know ended up being with the character that wasn't introduced until the MAGIC 2019 trailer so that was probably an intended substitution there.

Edit: New thread, but it quickly gets buried with everything going on.

Last edited:
Back