[!!SPOILERS!!] Datamined Info - Discussion Thread (Backer Demo)

1) Tomato Store: Confirmed. The music is in the demo

2) the demo contains what I can only assume is the whole soundtrack.... and a copy of Panama by Van Halen.

EDIT: oh, and I also wouldn't rule out darts entirely.
Is this a joke?
Or did Yu Suzuki somehow added his favorite song of all time in the demo! "Panama by Van Halen."

Okay i have skipped most posts in this thread because I don't want to be spoiled... BUT BUT BUT
Them having a copyrighted song by Van Halen here is really, REALLY bad unless they actually have the license. There was a barely legible copyrighted Sailor Moon image in Punch-Out for Wii and Nintendo got sued for 2 million dollars because of it. AND THE PLAYER COULD NOT SEE THIS IMAGE.

A copyrighted song could cost them way more. They must remove it! It could sink YsNet. :openmouth::openmouth::weary:

So I’ve been looking through the OST data and I think we can extrapolate the main explorable locations of the game.

First off there are likely 4 major explorable locations, to explain this let’s take a look at some file name categories .

ACS_BGM_Hakkasan
ACS_BGM_Chobu
ACS_BGM_Comm*
ACS_BGM_Ship

Each file name ends in a number suffix, and there are several files ex
ACS_BGM_Hakkasan [1]
ACS_BGM_Hakkasan [2]
Etc

Hakkasan = Bailu
Chobu = Chobu/Niaowu
Comm = unknown. Likely to be “Fortified Castle Area”
Ship = The ship ?

*Comm is not be confused with “common” which is another file name category with its own set of numbers starting with [1]

Ex,
ACS_BGM_Comm [1]
ACS_BGM_Comm [2]
Etc

Compared to

ACS_BGM_Common [1]
ACS_BGM_Common [2]
Etc

These tracks are sometimes quite lengthy and there are quite a lot per category in general. For example Hakkasan goes up to [57],
Comm goes up to [53], and Chobu goes up to [108]. The exception is Ship which goes up to only [16]

Also based on this we can guess which locations are bigger than others.

Chobu is likely the largest area followed by Bailu, then fortified castle and finally the ship is the smallest explorable area.

Last edited:
Hakkasan = Bailu
Chobu = Chobu/Niaowu
Comm = unknown. Likely to be “Fortified Castle Area”
Ship = The ship ?

*Comm is not be confused with “common” which is another file name category with its own set of numbers starting with [1]
Hakkason, not Hakkasan.
When you plug hakkason (ハッカソン) into google translate it comes back as hackathon.

Most of the Bailu music seemed to be in Comm, but also it Comm could be for communications / phone calls because that's where a lot of returning tracks from Shenmue I & II are found.

As far as what's accessible in-game outside of normal means:
Shenhua's house is intact on the map, with some interesting differences inside. I am using spoiler tags inside the spoiler thread. Beware.
There is a refridgerator in the kitchen, and a gas generator outside of the left side of the house. There is now a bedroom in the back of the house.
The cave is not present in the demo. There's a loading point that you can't activate since we don't have that map, and if you glitch past it, the map just ends where the stairs to the cave should be. The other half of Bailu is mostly devoid of NPC's and most of the buildings are empty including the arcade which has no games inside. This was done via simple warping, by searching for character location in memory and just changing it to bypass the places Ryo didn't want to go. I'm busy tomorrow, but I'll make a video on Sunday if someone else hasn't by then.

just started to brute force hex values into inventory,
after filling in what seems to be the majority of the item spaces in the array allocated for the inventory, this game is gonna be one heck of a collectathon to 100%, there are alot of consumables but a quick tally, this might be messed up though and not sorted correctly

170 FOOD items
290 KEY items
660 ITEMS
100 SKILL BOOKS

the best restorative items seem to be roast piglet that restores 1500 hp, snake power does something but can only be used at a certain time, (fighting?)
around 35 pieces of clothing, jackets, trousers, gi, ect for Ryo? +40 others that can be purchased in game like branded t-shirts, jeans, and trainers
26 pieces like dresses, hats, that cannot be equipped by Ryo
10 or so phone card variants

2019-09-28 15_55_55-Memory Viewer.jpg
found the Fishing rod, but can't seem to use it yet, only tried walking to one fishing spot and selecting it in inventory,
it might be in the wrong slot or something, not a key item maybe

the inventory format is 4 byte 01 00 00 00 for each item value, they seem to be pre allocated in certain addresses, and FF FF FF FF nulled out, replace with 01 00 00 00 and it will show up somewhere as 1 of them, the next bytes are the qunatities, so you can have over 255 to 9999 of each

I completely forgot how to work out pointers in CE, its been years since I have used it lol

Like how you search for the time value to freeze, search for the item quantity, 10, byte, exact value, use an item, then changer the search value by 1 or what ever it changed to, next scan, do this a few times till 2 results are left,

browse memory region and you should see a bunch of FF, and 01 00 00 00 replace the 4 bytes sequentially and change the inventory tab to see what new item or what changed.

Specifcaly the 4 bytes after the highlighted FF gave me the rod in slot 1 of key items
2019-09-28 16_03_56-Memory Viewer.jpg

Seems to be several rods

2019-09-28 16_13_40-Shenmue III.jpg
Capsule toy tickets work, not sure how to feel about this, non backers will be pleased i guess

2019-09-28 16_38_25-Memory Viewer.jpg
2019-09-28 16_39_45-Cheat Engine 6.8.3.jpg
 all of the dice dude and chibi YOU backer items are in there, I wont post them out of respect as this is digging pretty much into spoilers people probably dont want. other items of intrest are the phone card, VIP cards and such, a dress for a lady ??
2019-09-28 17_08_20-Memory Viewer.jpg

fortuneteller, Niaowu herb maps, FORKLIFT RECRUITMENT
2019-09-28 17_30_39-Memory Viewer.jpg 

photo of Zang, seems these little Bailu chan might be hidden throughout the land for us to find, several NEW Chawan signs to use
2019-09-28 17_46_48-New folder.jpg
2019-09-28 17_43_15-Memory Viewer.jpg

Last edited:
wow, is this the first time we learn Ryo's ...
Mothers name? cant be 100% sure but probably reads as Akane,
茜、俺は必ず帰る、 それまで元気で待って 巌 

Akane, I will definitely return home, until then please wait for me. Iwao

2019-09-28 16_56_58-Memory Viewer.jpg

Hakkason, not Hakkasan.
When you plug hakkason (ハッカソン) into google translate it comes back as hackathon.

Most of the Bailu music seemed to be in Comm, but also it Comm could be for communications / phone calls because that's where a lot of returning tracks from Shenmue I & II are found.

Shenhua's house is intact on the map, with some interesting differences inside. I am using spoiler tags inside the spoiler thread. Beware.
There is a refridgerator in the kitchen, and a gas generator outside of the left side of the house. There is now a bedroom in the back of the house.
The cave is not present in the demo. There's a loading point that you can't activate since we don't have that map, and if you glitch past it, the map just ends where the stairs to the cave should be. The other half of Bailu is mostly devoid of NPC's and most of the buildings are empty including the arcade which has no games inside. This was done via simple warping, by searching for character location in memory and just changing it to bypass the places Ryo didn't want to go. I'm busy tomorrow, but I'll make a video on Sunday if someone else hasn't by then.

It’s gonna be something to walk to the back of the house and find that. xD

Also, technically the cave counts as another major location I guess even though there’s only one music track for it. I say so since it isn’t labeled a Bailu track but it’s own thing.

Edit: I’m annoyed. ? iPhone keeps auto correcting Hakka so I’ll just refer to it as Bailu xD
Edit 2: Apparently was Hakkasan all along and what I thought were typos were the correct spelling

Last edited:
just started to brute force hex values into inventory, found the
View attachment 4428
Fishing rod, but can't seem to use it yet, only tried walking to one fishing spot and selecting it in inventory,
it might be in the wrong slot or something, not a key item maybe

the inventory format is 4 byte 01 00 00 00 for each item value, they seem to be pre allocated in certain addresses, and FF FF FF FF nulled out, replace with 01 00 00 00 and it will show up somewhere as 1 of them, the next bytes are the qunatities, so you can have over 255 to 9999 of each

I completely forgot how to work out pointers in CE, its been years since I have used it lol

Like how you search for the time value to freeze, search for the item quantity, 10, byte, exact value, use an item, then changer the search value by 1 or what ever it changed to, next scan, do this a few times till 2 results are left,

browse memory region and you should see a bunch of FF, and 01 00 00 00 replace the 4 bytes sequentially and change the inventory tab to see what new item or what changed.

Specifcaly the 4 bytes after the highlighted FF gave me the rod in slot 1 of key items
View attachment 4429

Seems to be several rods

View attachment 4430
Capsule toy tickets work, not sure how to feel about this, non backers will be pleased i guess

View attachment 4432
View attachment 4433
 all of the dice dude and chibi YOU backer items are in there, I wont post them out of respect as this is digging pretty much into spoilers people probably dont want. other items of intrest are the phone card, VIP cards and such, a dress for a lady ??
View attachment 4435

fortuneteller, Niaowu herb maps, FORKLIFT RECRUITMENT
View attachment 4436 

photo of Zang, seems these little Bailu chan might be hidden throughout the land for us to find, several NEW Chawan signs to use
View attachment 4437
View attachment 4438
I think the dress is for Ryo, IIRC Yu once talked about how changing outfits allowed the opportunity to dress Ryo up in funny things. If I’m right, I’m all for a cross dressing kung-fu badass lil snotty nosed Ryo.

Unfortunately they are labelled as cannot equip, so I guess the 30 or so women's clothes are for someone else!

Tbh if it’s for Shenhua im going to be disappointed because if it is it’ll likely be paid DLC. I really dislike the concept of “on-disc” dlc, but I can understand it in these circumstances of a kickstarter game that needs to make money I guess. (Also this can be iffy since the trail contains data from the full game which it doesn’t require so it can’t actually count as “on-disc”, still I feel bad about it ? )

If it isn’t for Shenhua or paid DLC, I’ll be elated. Because that either means we get a returning character or a new one to make Shenhua jealous of xD

Tbh if it’s for Shenhua im going to be disappointed because if it is it’ll likely be paid DLC. I really dislike the concept of “on-disc” dlc, but I can understand it in these circumstances of a kickstarter game that needs to make money I guess. (Also this can be iffy since the trail contains data from the full game which it doesn’t require so it can’t actually count as “on-disc”, still I feel bad about it ? )

If it isn’t for Shenhua or paid DLC, I’ll be elated. Because that either means we get a returning character or a new one to make Shenhua jealous of xD

Yu Suzuki already hinted at costume DLC for Shenhua in a recent interview.

"PRS: We've heard that Ryo will be able to change his costume.* How about Shenhua?

YS:
Yes she will, but not in the main game. I wonder if I can say more. It's DL... something! [laughs]"

Last edited:
Hakkason, not Hakkasan.

any chance you can get some videos up on YouTube of all of the visible map? :)

I saw a video of the moves from Shenmue 3 demo but am unsure if these are accessible without modding since I don't have access to the demo myself.

Anyway, it has the brawling uppercut, which technically not a grappling throw it still throws the enemy int he air and to the ground. :ROFLMAO:

any chance you can get some videos up on YouTube of all of the visible map? :)
I literally answered that question in the last sentence of the post that you quoted. I'm going to be away today, but I want to do one tomorrow if nobody else has done so by then.

Based on other posts in this thread, I'm not the only one who has warped out of bounds so far. I see that Espprial is looking into the trial now and he's done some interesting thing already including exploring Shenhua's house more than I did. I didn't notice yesterday that you could save your game there.

I saw a video of the moves from Shenmue 3 demo but am unsure if these are accessible without modding since I don't have access to the demo myself.

Anyway, it has the brawling uppercut, which technically not a grappling throw it still throws the enemy int he air and to the ground. :ROFLMAO:
I was waiting for a video like this! Thanks for posting this.

And yes, brawling uppercut is in the demo. I was actually surprised that it made it in!

Back