[!!SPOILERS!!] Datamined Info - Discussion Thread (Backer Demo)

I keep wondering how you hide a secret room in a belltower. It's a tower. It's in the air. It's completely visible from the outside. You can tell if there's another room there! xD

There's no way into it either. That bit at the back right wall is just more floor.

I'm curious about what'll happen if we try to load the save games from the demo into the full game. I doubt it'd work but can't wait to give it a try anyway.

Could we get a spoiler post or even a spoiler thread for anything data mined regarding Kickstarter backed rewards? I don't want to spoil story, area or any other general spoilers surrounding the game. But, I wouldn't mind seeing Kickstarter related spoilers, assets, etc.. Perhaps others feel the same?

Could we get a spoiler post or even a spoiler thread for anything data mined regarding Kickstarter backed rewards? I don't want to spoil story, area or any other general spoilers surrounding the game. But, I wouldn't mind seeing Kickstarter related spoilers, assets, etc.. Perhaps others feel the same?

I did find some kickstarter related stuff.

I haven't really posted any of it though, but I will post stuff soon if other people don't :)

Out of bound screenshots.

Shenhua's house and other inaccessible areas, there are missing assets here and there but the basic layout is there, also I've modded the game to display in 21.9 (except during cutscenes)

2OrZR8b.jpg

6v63fDJ.jpg

0kECJmo.jpg

isGm1P8.jpg

ksBcrzF.jpg

h2Cioh6.jpg

l3umd4b.jpg

BBTWYZq.jpg

fTyAdIT.jpg

ZSchrER.jpg

bB5yetQ.jpg

64WctWT.jpg

3JCbfZx.jpg

7B6ijnw.jpg

WyfHOQ4.jpg

Nfj1FTL.jpg

UbCgYYI.jpg

4BREMQI.jpg

AVTXHcg.jpg

Aan7jnO.jpg

Man...
I would love a comparison between this and a "no clipping mode" of Shenhua Shenmue II House

View attachment 4447

I'm guessing this is Miao Guang temple. A part of the Shenmue 2x which was cut.
bailuvillage2.jpg
The Shenmue II screenshot is from Shenhua's birthplace, as seen here:
Though the building may be the actual Miao Guang Temple, we likely will never know, as all that exists from that location that we know of today is a loading screen.

Here are some pics I took yesterday that don't overlap with what Espprial just posted. All of them were from Shenhua's house and feature the spoilers I mentioned previously:
View attachment 4441
When you try to leave Shenhua's house area
View attachment 4442
The generator
View attachment 4443
The kitchen
View attachment 4444
Wow, I can't believe Shenhua has a refrigerator in her house. That's so cool. I don't recall that in S2.

Back in the 80s China, only the wealthiest people from large cities like Beijing and Shanghai can afford a modern appliance like that.

It definitely feels bigger than Yokosuka. Did anyone made a map for Bailu with the data mining so far ?
Look near the end of the video I quoted, there’s a zoomed out overhead view of Bailu, there’s a bit of missing geometry but it definitely could work as a map.

And yeah, it looks bigger than Yokosuka, including the harbor. There’s more nature and less buildings but it’s huge and it’s beautiful.

Books in Shenhua's house:
Chinese history books: Bamboo Annals, Zuo's Commentary, New Book of Yuan, New Book of the Five Dynasties, Book of Qi, New Book of Tang, Book of the Later Han, Records of the Three Kingdoms, Records of the Grand Historian.

Chinese literatures: Journey to the West, Romance of the Three Kingdoms and some other fictional titles that combine real history book names with modifiers like "bad" and "deep."

Cookbooks: Shanghai Chow Mein, BBQ Rice, Steamed Pork and some book that mentions the words "meat" and "noodles" in the title.

Last edited:
I have a question, how have people managed to get the assets out of the encrypted .PAK files that contain all the data from the demo?

Edit: Nevermind, someone helped me out.

Last edited:
Oh she does appear? Lol didn't notice her
Btw @Esppiral have you found a way to disable the red circles marking objects ? Also the crosshair in FPS view ?
Last question: Do you think it'd be possible to push the camera back further more to display Ryo fully like in Shenmue I and II ?

Yes it is possible to increase the FOV to see Ryo fully, I haven't tried the other things.

Back