[!!SPOILERS!!] Datamined Info - Discussion Thread (Backer Demo)

KioV5GA.png

What's up with the weird hair color? Some kind of shading error?

Here is the video of the sequence break, along with a spoiler-free description of what story content it contains to decide if you want to watch.

Basically, it's Ryo investigating the inside of one of the houses in Bailu.
If you watch the video, you'll learn which house it is, who lives there and what he is looking for in the house. You will not learn why he looking for what he finds there. I don't actually open the inventory during this video to show you a close up of what Ryo gets, but my previous spoiler post describes the purpose of what he finds. We also don't know what he is going to do with what he finds.

If you're okay with an out of context investigation that takes place late in the Bailu chapter of the game, enjoy watching.

Decided to write an overview of Bailu Villiage, I felt this thread was most appropriate since the overview contains datamined information. This is incomplete and will be updated. Suggestions for categories and color coding welcome. Also I'd like to ask if I could use images from @Esppiral 's , @Sappharad 's @Sir Quackberry's screenshots and videos to go along with the overview. All information will be exclusive to this thread until the release of the game. All images will be credited.

Bailu Village Overview

Main Locations

Langhuishan
Rice Field
Verdant Bridge
Village Square
Sunset Hill
Man Yuan Temple
Cave
Hermit's Nest

Sub Areas:

Shenhua's house/ Shenmue Tree
Yin/Yang Building
Grand Macau
Bell Tower

Stores/Restaurant/Recreation:

Hunng's Tackle (likely a fishing equipment store)
Panda Market
Panda Pawn Shop
High-Tech Land Panda
Sunset Cafe
The Drunken Panda (Bar?)
Tao-Get Store
Joy Park (Gambling corner)
Prize Exchange

Training / Mini-Games:

Martial Hall (Training)
Yin/Yang Building?
One-Inch-Punch (Training)
Horse Stance (x2) (Training)
Lucky Hit
Training with Su Zixiong

Named Characters:

Wang Shiren (guard?)
Zu Zhensping
Tao Guanzhong (Runs Tao-Get Store)
Zhong Ziliu (Sells tokens at Joy Park)
Miao Mingzhu (Runs Lucky-Hit stands at Joy Park)
Shenhua Ling
Ryo Hazuki (Playable Character)
Su Zixiong (sparing partner)

Jobs:
Part-time Job at Grand Macau – farm animals, chickens and pigs.
Part-time Job at Tao-Get Store – Chopping Wood

Misc places of interest:

Sunflower Field
Various overlooks
Various Houses
Various unnamed shrines
Various ponds
Various ranches
Various fishing spots
Docks & Jettys

Collectibles:

Bailu-Chan figures
Herb Collection
Tennis Club – Tennis Set Gacha
Heavy Machinery Set Gacha

Maps:

Herb Collection Map
Bailu Map

@ShenmueTree Sure go ahead.

BTW the amount of clothes customization for Ryo is insane!!! I'll post some screenshots later, but the outfit from this early concept art seems that will be available.

2JXGXwF.jpg

Something similar to the rener I did some time ago.

ULd9dr8.png

Does he have things that aren't shit, pants, jacket? Like accessories such as ear rings, hats, etc?

@ShenmueTree Sure go ahead.

BTW the amount of clothes customization for Ryo is insane!!! I'll post some screenshots later, but the outfit from this early concept art seems that will be available.

2JXGXwF.jpg

Something similar to the rener I did some time ago.

ULd9dr8.png

Edit this is in the game files for Ryo's clothes.

SPOILER_umodel_2019-10-02_18-00-21-900.jpg
SPOILER_umodel_2019-10-02_17-59-05-941.jpg

SPOILER_umodel_2019-10-02_18-00-31-156.jpg
I wonder if that green outfit is actually mandatory to wear later on in the game or completely optional.

I wonder if that green outfit is actually mandatory to wear later on in the game or completely optional.

Whenever it is doesn't matter. I'll be wearing it. I feel like people wants to keep the jacket when it doesn't make sense anymore. If anything, Ryo should've dropped it in Guilin considering it might be hot af. :")

I am thinking all those fancy dresses that @Esppiral found might actually be for Niao Sun. What if there’s a twist and she is actually on Ryo’s side for a while?

Back