SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation: Episode 2 - Daybreak - Thread

Well I've seen a brand new Toonami ad on YouTube this morning and spent a while trying to get it to trigger again so I could capture on my phone, but alas to no avail.

It had new shots of Ryo fighting Guizhang, Ryo absolutely belting Charlie who goes flying in the air, and a few new shots of Master Chen. One shot of Master Chen had his arm extended almost in a "come fight me" pose, but I could have misinterpreted. You can actually pause YouTube ads, so if anyone else is Youtubing keep your eyes peeled!

Anime Nozomi sounds much better. Video game nozomi sounded like a monotone answering machine.

I've gotten use to the new nozomi and prefer her now. Especially her interactions with Ryo. They're really wholesome and add a new layer to their relationship
I kind of agree...but then again, I was very indifferent to VG Nozomi. VG Nozomi really was just sad mopey cute girl and very little else to me. Cute but the constant sad mopeyness was just too one note for me. Anime Nozomi at least has a bit of life to her so far. Attentive, caring and still awkward as all hell with Ryo and his seemingly indifference to her. If they keep that up then yeah, they get it. But at least they made Nozomi a little more than mopey sad chick this time.

Like I said, I honestly never really cared for VG Nozomi anyways. I was always more gravitated to the other female characters like Xiuying or Shenhua.

Apologies for the quality of this snippet (and double post). Only other new bit was this curious shot of Ryo apparently blinded by this flash whilst holding the phoenix mirror.

- I love the capsule toy on the table in the first shot and the following investigation montage. lol That's the subtlety we are supposed to have when adapting a game like Shenmue for animation as to not waste time. Again, so far this show defintiely reminds me of Persona 4's anime DIRECTION wise. And that's not a bad thing.

- I definitely prefer Anime Ryo x Nozomi. I always like Ryo being pretty cut and dry because people would call him out on it. but I never liked it when it came to people he knew for years. Nozomi while I never disliked, was very much so kind of "boring". There was nothing to her outside of being soft spoken and caring towards Ryo. I like this one more. She reminds me of Mizuki from the guyver now though. lol

Anime is impressing me so far as an adaptation. At this point the only things I need to see is how they will handle the pacing of Shenmue 2 and if we get a season 2, if they will fix all the little issues Shenmue 3 had with its characters and story. So many new characters deserved better in that game. The villains also felt less problematic to me. But Im getting ahead of myself here. Cant wait for this episode tomorrow.

ETA 20 minutes. Who's here with me today? Anyone?
I'm a little confused about the start time myself. Last week Crunchyroll went live on the half hour, 40 minutes away. Yet the time on Crunchyroll's website for the free view on episode 1 ends in 10 minutes. Normally the new episode is uploaded the moment the previous episode goes to free users. Just don't know what to think, guess I'll just wait around and see.

I'm a little confused about the start time myself. Last week Crunchyroll went live on the half hour, 40 minutes away. Yet the time on Crunchyroll's website for the free view on episode 1 ends in 10 minutes. Normally the new episode is uploaded the moment the previous episode goes to free users. Just don't know what to think, guess I'll just wait around and see.
It is midnight this week. So literally 6 minutes away no matter where you are in the world. I'm on Crunchyroll right now waiting to hit that refresh button.

It is midnight this week. So literally 6 minutes away no matter where you are in the world. I'm on Crunchyroll right now waiting to hit that refresh button.
On Hulu, ready for the English dub so I can watch live! In my mind, I am helping out Toonami's viewer numbers, even though I'm not watching through cable. No idea if I am, though, or just helping the streaming numbers.

Back