SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 3: Yin - Yang Thread

24Nathan

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ryo thinks he knows what he's looking for, but he has NO IDEA! Catch this brand-new episode of Shenmue: The Animation, next Saturday at midnight! Only on Toonami and Crunchyroll.

What i think it will happen in the third episode...

Ryo will go to Russiya China Shop and Xia Xiu will translate the letter, Xia Xiu will talk about the Big Dipper and other things with Ryo, maybe will be in Russiya China Shop that Ryo will see the plate with Chiyou and this will expand the story and lore of Shenmue.
1644848592942.png

Then Ryo will try to call to Guizhang and Master Chen, after that Ryo will go to the harbor, probably we will see Goro, forklifts and much more. Ryo will try to enter Warehouse No 8, maybe Shozo Mizuki will help Ryo in this part. Shozo Mizuki is one of my favorite characters, i'm looking forward to see Shozo in the anime.

Ryo will talk to Guizhang and Master Chen about Lan Di and the mirrors, probably Chai will be there listening to everything, we will see the fight between Ryo and Guizhang in Sakuragaoka, maybe in this episode or in the next episode Ryo will find the Phoenix mirror.

Maybe in this episode or in the next episode we will see Fuku-san giving money to help Ryo buy a ticket boat to Hong Kong, everything about Asia travel company.

Maybe we will see the 8 principles of Yin and Yang.

I can imagine in this episode more scenes with Shenhua in Bailu Village, more scenes with Lan Di, Nozomi, Fuku-san and Ine-san, maybe with Tom, more flashbacks with Iwao, fights and much more, more scenes that are not in the game, maybe we will even see a character have a mini arc like Yamagishi-san had in the second episode, i hope Shozo Mizuki will have a mini arc in the anime, maybe we will even see Megumi-chan and the kitten in this episode.

I think Ryo will investigate in a similar way that he did in the second episode, i think we will see more NPCs that we can see in the game. Would be so nice to see Tomato Convenience Store in the anime. 🍅 I think in this episode we will see more familiar places in Yokosuka like we saw in the second episode.

I don't know exactly in what part of the story will be good to end the third episode. Maybe the episode will end showing Terry just like we saw Guizhang and Master Chen in the ending of the second episode. Maybe the episode will end with Ryo finding the Phoenix Mirror, i don't know... all i know is that i'm looking forward for the next episode, in my opinion the season will get even better.

Last edited:
Nice - just went back out of curiosity to check the original scene in S1 and its pretty damn close.

The voices are pretty close as well, impressive work again from the Anime Team.

New Sneak Peak Right here!

Tried really hard to resist watching this week's sneak peak... I lasted about 5 minutes haha. It's so good! I love how they've incorporated Gao Wen into the scene, and he's just hanging around in the background like a kid messing with his soccer ball.

Sunday can't come soon enough!

New Sneak Peak Right here!

Also it's a small touch, but I like how Ryo appears to be using the pink phone by the stand on Dobuita Street to make the call - whilst technically its possible to ring from the Dojo, (and presumably the pay phone near Sakura Park), most players will have used this phone I think due to proximity and that it stands out a bit (and have probably already spoken to the info lady there as well at that point.).

In S1 it's kind of a little smart game design moment when you're like, "ah that's what it's for!" even though technically there are other phones in the game.

What i think it will happen in the third episode...

Ryo will go to Russiya China Shop and Xia Xiu will translate the letter, Xia Xiu will talk about the Big Dipper and other things with Ryo, maybe will be in Russiya China Shop that Ryo will see the plate with Chiyou and this will expand the story and lore of Shenmue.
View attachment 14181

Then Ryo will try to call to Guizhang and Master Chen, after that Ryo will go to the harbor, probably we will see Goro, forklifts and much more. Ryo will try to enter Warehouse No 8, maybe Shozo Mizuki will help Ryo in this part. Shozo Mizuki is one of my favorite characters, i'm looking forward to see Shozo in the anime.

Ryo will talk to Guizhang and Master Chen about Lan Di and the mirrors, probably Chai will be there listening to everything, we will see the fight between Ryo and Guizhang in Sakuragaoka, maybe in this episode or in the next episode Ryo will find the Phoenix mirror.

Maybe in this episode or in the next episode we will see Fuku-san giving money to help Ryo buy a ticket boat to Hong Kong, everything about Asia travel company.

Maybe we will see the 8 principles of Yin and Yang.

I can imagine in this episode more scenes with Shenhua in Bailu Village, more scenes with Lan Di, Nozomi, Fuku-san and Ine-san, maybe with Tom, more flashbacks with Iwao, fights and much more, more scenes that are not in the game, maybe we will even see a character have a mini arc like Yamagishi-san had in the second episode, i hope Shozo Mizuki will have a mini arc in the anime, maybe we will even see Megumi-chan and the kitten in this episode.

I think Ryo will investigate in a similar way that he did in the second episode, i think we will see more NPCs that we can see in the game. Would be so nice to see Tomato Convenience Store in the anime. 🍅 I think in this episode we will see more familiar places in Yokosuka like we saw in the second episode.

I don't know exactly in what part of the story will be good to end the third episode. Maybe the episode will end showing Terry just like we saw Guizhang and Master Chen in the ending of the second episode. Maybe the episode will end with Ryo finding the Phoenix Mirror, i don't know... all i know is that i'm looking forward for the next episode, in my opinion the season will get even better.
Chi You references and Zhu being talked about by Chen. I hope Zhu is the fabled Tentei, it feels like a natural plot development imo. Sending him the letter warning the mirrors will be taken is some devious shit.

So as expected, ign Fan Fest have revealed a new scene, albeit from tomorrow's episode. So some people may want to wait for the episode instead at this stage. However, there's a personal introduction and message by Yu as well - Skip to 1hr 28 minutes in if you want to see the footage (right after Lego Star Wars).

So as expected, ign Fan Fest have revealed a new scene, albeit from tomorrow's episode. So some people may want to wait for the episode instead at this stage. However, there's a personal introduction and message by Yu as well - Skip to 1hr 28 minutes in if you want to see the footage (right after Lego Star Wars).
Love that they've included the Fuku-san sparring. This team is just amazing.

Back