Steam keys sent out now

Same here, Steam failed to install (app configuration unavailable)

Shenmue III - DLC ID05
Mine's ID02 and it's doing the exact same thing. Hopefully they fix it soon, seems very similar to what happened with the EGS launch so maybe someone on steam or Deep Silver's end just needs to push the right button to get it working.

It's been out a year and regularly selling for a similar price. Seems insane to price it any higher than $20. An impulse buy at $16 is very easy to justify and the game's not exactly costing the publisher or developer much money at this point.
Fair point there!!!

Same here, Steam failed to install (app configuration unavailable)

Shenmue III - DLC ID05
Yup, getting same error. I'll email Ys Net through Kickstarter.

I think I may have screwed myself out of backer DLC. I thought opting in for the Steam key meant I wouldn't get an Epic key, and I didn't want to wait to play Shenmue III--or maybe that is how it worked, however, that still means no backer stuff on my preferred platform (and no preorder stuff either). I don't mind rebuying the game at all (I've done it repeatedly with I and II), but I'm bummed I didn't plan better.

Yu always talked about how he couldn't focus too much on the graphics because he didn't have a AAA budget, but looking at the game in this stream, I'm once again just fucking stunned by how unbelievable it looks.
I always thought it looked gorgeous and I have a bog standard PS4, not even a Pro or a highend PC!

I think I may have screwed myself out of backer DLC. I thought opting in for the Steam key meant I wouldn't get an Epic key, and I didn't want to wait to play Shenmue III--or maybe that is how it worked, however, that still means no backer stuff on my preferred platform (and no preorder stuff either). I don't mind rebuying the game at all (I've done it repeatedly with I and II), but I'm bummed I didn't plan better.
Really they should have made it so every game had the backer DLC it just had to be unlocked with an in-game code so no matter which version you went with (PS4, Steam, EGS, GOG) You could get the backer DLC. I mean people who want the GOG version don't even get that as an option because trust me I would have gotten it that way. But I guess then people would have shared their codes or something, still would have been better than day 1 glitches on both EGS and Steam and people not being able to access the content even though they backed.

Really they should have made it so every game had the backer DLC it just had to be unlocked with an in-game code so no matter which version you went with (PS4, Steam, EGS, GOG) You could get the backer DLC. I mean people who want the GOG version don't even get that as an option because trust me I would have gotten it that way. But I guess then people would have shared their codes or something, still would have been better than day 1 glitches on both EGS and Steam and people not being able to access the content even though they backed.
That's sort of what I had assumed they would do, originally. I still haven't seen any of my backer DLC, because I backed for the physical PS4 version, but have never owned a PS4. I was sort of hoping they might offer the backer DLC for purchase with these new PC releases, despite the backlash it probably would have caused. I'm not sure of this, but I wonder if it was something they were obligated to do by the distribution platforms; Like, even just setting a flag constitutes a 'download,' requiring a DLC code, or something equally stupid.

Although, now I'm actually curious if they are in the game code, and just need to be enabled, like Shenhua's alternate outfit, and the Merry Cruise prizes. I wouldn't have done that on the Epic, or Steam versions, but the GOG version is DRM-free. So, really, there might not be much restriction on enabling them for that release.

The first game reviews on Steam are good so far ! 38 reviews 89% positive !

Good thing ! Hope it'll stay like that. I have yet to write my review.
Right now 45 positive reviews and 7 negative reviews, i saw a lot of comments there about what happened, after 1 year they are still saying they were betrayed and things like that about the steam keys, in one rewiew one person even talked bad about Yu Suzuki...

The person said this "This game is an insult to fans, its own legacy, and Yu Suzuki's reputation, but at this point is pretty clear Yu Suzuki decided to sell any prestige he had left the moment he took the money from fans/Sony/Deep Silver and made what it feels like a budget fan game."

People can dislike Shenmue III all they want but comments saying things like this about Yu Suzuki i will never understand, some people talk now as if Yu Suzuki is a traitor and a bad person.

Last edited:
ITS A WHOLE 2 MINUTES PAST STEAM UPDATE TIME AND I CANT DOWNLOAD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

EVERYONE PANIC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
YOU KNOW HOW IS THAT CALLED DUDE

A SCAM

A FUCKING SCAM

DAMN YOU, YU

That's sort of what I had assumed they would do, originally. I still haven't seen any of my backer DLC, because I backed for the physical PS4 version, but have never owned a PS4. I was sort of hoping they might offer the backer DLC for purchase with these new PC releases, despite the backlash it probably would have caused. I'm not sure of this, but I wonder if it was something they were obligated to do by the distribution platforms; Like, even just setting a flag constitutes a 'download,' requiring a DLC code, or something equally stupid.

Although, now I'm actually curious if they are in the game code, and just need to be enabled, like Shenhua's alternate outfit, and the Merry Cruise prizes. I wouldn't have done that on the Epic, or Steam versions, but the GOG version is DRM-free. So, really, there might not be much restriction on enabling them for that release.
It seems like there's a lot of content and outfits out there just wasting away in digital nothingness (the preorder gear wasn't even offered on GoG or Steam, I don't think), so admittedly I'm kind of hoping we'll see some mods to make it happen. I greatly prefer both Steam and GoG to Epic, so it's a bummer that I'm missing out on a pile of backer stuff I unlocked (although admittedly my fault for not choosing a Steam key in the first place).

It seems like there's a lot of content and outfits out there just wasting away in digital nothingness (the preorder gear wasn't even offered on GoG or Steam, I don't think), so admittedly I'm kind of hoping we'll see some mods to make it happen. I greatly prefer both Steam and GoG to Epic, so it's a bummer that I'm missing out on a pile of backer stuff I unlocked (although admittedly my fault for not choosing a Steam key in the first place).
Yeah, definitely. I just had the thought last night that my plan to move over my game saves from the EGS install to the GOG install might not work out, since I had the EGS day-one deluxe DLCs (MY FLIGHT JACKET! 😭), and I imagine that if they aren't part of the deluxe edition on GoG, it'll throw up an error on me if I try to load the saves.

Steam backer DLC is fixed and working, at least mine was. If it shows up in your steam DLC then you're good to go.
Nice, working for me too now :)

Happy to see the reviews on Steam so far.

80 reviews, 87% positive, so it is judged "very positive" as of now on Steam. Logically there is 70 favorable reviews and 10 unfavorable.

Of course, in the 10 unfavorable reviews, there are some of them who don't judge the game itself, but the whole EGS thing...

But proving (once more...) that the "fans hated it. This game is absolute trash and a huge disappointment" is false, and the haters are a very vocal minority. It just goes with the general consensus that this game is still above average, still very enjoyable and still delivered the Shenmue experience to long awaiting fans.

Yeah, definitely. I just had the thought last night that my plan to move over my game saves from the EGS install to the GOG install might not work out, since I had the EGS day-one deluxe DLCs (MY FLIGHT JACKET! 😭), and I imagine that if they aren't part of the deluxe edition on GoG, it'll throw up an error on me if I try to load the saves.
I hadn't thought about trying that! Let us know how it goes. I was going to move my EGS saves over as well but hadn't even thought about the potential DLC issues.

Back