Steam page is live!

Oh man, it's all starting to feel a little more real now!

Also, are these new character renders?
header.jpg

Oh, I know that guy. That's Ryo.

Wondered when he was going to be shown. :p

While that Ryo headshot might be concept art, it shows they’re seriously trying to get his face right. That’s the closest they’ve come so far.

LOVE the rich spectrum of colours here and the attention to detail esp. in the texture work is jaw-dropping! Unbelievable to be frank that we've got this to look forward to (and relatively soon).

The time they've taken to make the game as great as it can be is highly evident to me across all the footage we've seen from over the years; each one outdoing the last one. Incredible how YS.net and everyone involved are making dreams come true here esp. after all the challenges/obstacles they faced with the project initially and at points.

Seeing Suzuki crafting just these little snippets brings warmth to my heart, I'm honestly in awe in what they are able to produce.

Nice surprise. Holding out hope for maybe one other screen quietly revealed at the debut Kyoto MAGIC.

Also like the details in environment, much like the first two games. Anyone else catch the Excite QTE is now the 3rd?

These screens look pretty amazing, I have to say. If it actually looks like this in motion, then wow. Greatest visual comeback story in the making?

This is how I dreamt Shenmue 3 years ago! I always trusted Suzuki and I know the game will blow us away when it's done. You can feel that old school Sega's games in this screen, it's the natural evolution of the game from Dreamcast.

I'm totally happy with how this game looks and this is not the end! Ryo looks more and more perfect, colors are amazing, the light, backgrounds...fuck, this is Suzuki's magic!:love::love:

Looks beautiful. This makes waiting for the game's release even harder! No matter how hard waiting is Yu can take as long as he wants. :)

I suspect the character model in the new screenshot is the same one as this:
ss_a9af541717558b40320b9ab477e96e51db85a0ea.1920x1080.jpg

I agree. I also think this is the best and most recent models of Shenhua and Ryo we've seen (besides the one on the Steam header)

Just dropping in. Looks good, feels good, and I hope the next 10 months passes as quickly as the last.

I agree. I also think this is the best and most recent models of Shenhua and Ryo we've seen (besides the one on the Steam header)
This isn't the case. Not exactly anyway. Besides details missing on Shenhua's costume that have shown up in later renders/footage, you can check the properties of the image once downloaded, and in the details tab it shows when the image was generated (it appears to have gone through Photoshop for resizing) which gives us an approximate idea of how recent a build it's from. This image was generated around the 27th of December last year.

Surprisingly, the new image was generated around the 18th of July. Could have been the plan to release new screens with the Gamescom trailer, but just didn't happen for some reason.

Personally, when it comes to comparing models we've seen this year alone, I think the actual changes made along the way have been slight/detail-oriented, and many of the perceived differences have more to do with angles, lighting, colour temperature, post processing, etc.

Didn't realise that metadata was preserved when uploaded to Steam. Pretty neat.

Seems like the new screenshot was taken (or at least exported) in July. Things really are looking good!

Looks very nice with quite a long time to go until release in August(or later--Days Gone was pushed back even after it had a set date). A lot of time for improvements and tweaks to get it just right.

I look forward to seeing the game in motion in the coming months, hopefully by MAGIC in February. At that point, we would be roughly 5-6 months from release and it would be a good time to show it.

Back