Steam page is live!

I think the Ryo in the banner might look even better than his original, Dreamcast iteration.

But, why the hell is he a brunette? Likewise, why does Shenhua have black hair?

I think the Ryo in the banner might look even better than his original, Dreamcast iteration.

But, why the hell is he a brunette? Likewise, why does Shenhua have black hair?

It's been almost 20 years since the last game perhaps Yu's artistic sensibilities have changed slightly, Shenhua even has a new outfit.

capsule_616x353.jpg

Took me a bit to figure out how to convince Steam to give me this image instead of the smaller one. (This is the largest size that Steam uses for game title images)

Last edited:
It's because physically based rendering can now convey light and colour temperature affecting how hair looks. Ryo's hair lightens up against strong, warm light sources.

Shenhua's hair is still brown, they've just darkened the Gamescom promo render in the header image.

Honestly was not thinking about lighting at all, thanks for pointing that out.

Strange they've decided to make him a brunette this time around. Must have gone Super Saiyan when he fucked with that sword.
I think it's just the lighting from the machine that makes his hair glow brown like that.

EDIT: Looks like Spaghetti beat me to it.

The texture work here is just ridiculous. The small warning label on the front of the QTE machine, the wear on the leather pads and Ryo's jacket all look incredible. If the game actually looks this good in the final product, I might actually cry.

The texture work here is just ridiculous. The small warning label on the front of the QTE machine, the wear on the leather pads and Ryo's jacket all look incredible. If the game actually looks this good in the final product, I might actually cry.

It will most definitely look even better, they haven't even enter the polish phase yet, and this is most likely using old models.

Okay, this comes suprising! :-) I thought first i read the thread title, it was a bad joke, but looking into it and i was surprised. It looks awesome! Everything. I can't wait to see more. :-)

The game is really starting to take shape now. I really like the artistic direction and Ryo is looking good. I think I will lose it when we see some gameplay.

Personally I prefer Shenhua's old look but if that's my only quibble then sod it. The attention to detail on the QTE Title machine looks so good. Ryo's jacket looks like it will flow with his movement. This has got me really pumped now. I think we are 305 days away now & time off work is already booked. Maybe we should do a countdown?!

Am I just being mental or does this scuff mark look like a person?

yturiejfgmfcmnvhguislxmcnvjgfkd.png

So, how do they release stuff like this with zero publicity? I don't get it.

Yes Ryo now looks like Ryo - very very happy. Also I know it’s a render but it looks like they may be doing something a bit different with the lighting, looks really unique.

It looks a bit like an oil painting!

Bring on August!

They just released new images to Steam before releasing them to the backers, the press, etc. How does that happen? I know that the people running the Kickstarter aren't the same people who are putting the Steam page together, but it's just weird.

Back