Story Quest DLC Apparantly Dropping on Feb 18th

I wish there was a major storyline DLC. It felt like there was so much cut from the game.
I suppose it’s possible that next week’s DLC contributes to the main story of 3 in some way, but...
It appears to be Yu Zhuanda related.
Im guessing it will be a self contained story and probably won’t provide more than 3-5 hours of additional gameplay. Would love to be wrong though.

Guys, the story details seem to have leaked. Spoiler tagged it just in case you don't want to know the details...

During the exploration of Niaowu, Ryo is warned that an old ally, Shuqin Zhang, is in trouble and has potentially been kidnapped. Ryo and his friends soon learn that a new gang of thugs known as the Black Pythons have been harassing the local community and kidnapped Zhang. After an exhausting search of the town, Ryo eventually finds and defeats two of the thugs, but is then, after controlling much of the fight and holding his own well, inexplicably brutally defeated by their boss FuckyNuckySplatterBalls, despite seemingly depleting all of the boss's health prior to the cutscene.

Following this fight, Nozomi shows up and Ryo responds with "oh, I wonder who that girl is with the short skirt and pretty hair. I'm sure I know her from somewhere... eh probably not. She's probably someone I've never seen before like that weird hunchback guy and that Ren guy." Nozomi explains he lacks kung fu and in order to defeat the boss he needs more kung fu.

To gain the kung fu, Nozomi asks Ryo to obtain a special condom from an ancient wisewoman. The ancient wisewoman, explains that the she cannot give Ryo the special condom without him first catching 10 chickens. Upon catching the 10 chickens, the wisewoman promises to hand over the condom, but it comes with a price - $700,000. Ryo must then spend 20 days gambling and save scumming in order to buy the condom. Once obtained, Nozomi promises to teach Ryo a new legendary Bajiquan move... the reverse cowgirl booty slap. Ryo allows Nozomi to teach the move *cut to close up of Ryo's face making the expression he makes when he takes a sip of a drink from the first game*.

Once Ryo has learned the reverse cowgirl booty slap, he defeats the boss and saves Zhang. Ryo turns around to his friends, smiles and then sees Shenhua slit Nozomi's throat. Ryo screams "nooooooo" and the screen fades to black.
The real spoilers this time.
The biggest irony is that the gang is not even new, but the same one from Bailu: https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/spoilers-dlc-fight.2165/
We won't get any new Colorful Fauna gangs till Shenmue 4. 😥

Does anyone know or have a best guess at how the DLC will place in the whole game? So I am in Niaowu early into the second playthrough. Can I just start playing the DLC right away???

I’m wondering if this DLC was brought forwards to distract from the negative press garnered from the financial forecast. We were informed about battle rally 1 week before it’s release. In comparison, 4 days seems a little short notice.
I'm also surprised that it got released that close to the previous DLC. What you're saying sounds plausible actually. That way, they would also increase Shenmue 3 revenue a bit this fiscal quarter. Maybe they're trying to show better numbers to investors?

Did anyone get a specific email regarding this by the way? I didn't (yet?). It's a bit strange that it's available this time before they notify backers by mail. I suppose that they will send something during the next 1-2 days?

I'm also surprised that it got released that close to the previous DLC. What you're saying sounds plausible actually. That way, they would also increase Shenmue 3 revenue a bit this fiscal quarter. Maybe they're trying to show better numbers to investors?

Did anyone get a specific email regarding this by the way? I didn't (yet?). It's a bit strange that it's available this time before they notify backers by mail. I suppose that they will send something during the next 1-2 days?
The quarter runs through to the end of December iirc so won’t help to boost figures in time, but the timing and rushed nature of the release definitely points to an attempt to change the conversation.

The quarter runs through to the end of December iirc so won’t help to boost figures in time, but the timing and rushed nature of the release definitely points to an attempt to change the conversation.
I don't know when their quarters start, some companies don't follow a regular year. But if it ended late December, they are maybe trying to add some DLC revenue to a few more potential Shenmue 3 sales before the end of March? I agree that it seems rushed though.

I don't know when their quarters start, some companies don't follow a regular year. But if it ended late December, they are maybe trying to add some DLC revenue to a few more potential Shenmue 3 sales before the end of March? I agree that it seems rushed though.
Just checked and October-December is Q3. In most countries the tax year starts in April, so Q1 is usually April-June.

Reactions: ys.
I had a crap day at work, so thought "i'll leave early so I can play the new DLC" and i'll be damned if I can get it to work. I've been very patient with Shenmue III and forgive its faults, but there's something baffling about trying to access this DLC.

After 20 minutes of trying, I just gave up. I don't even feel like playing it right now.

Is it so hard to add an option on the main menu like Battle Rally?

Start a NG+, show the photo of Shenua's father to the guy and Zhang will be there.

I have an old nearly cleared file that doesn't work, and I've also done this and it doesn't work. I own the season pass.

Even if it is on my end, and it's my fault, this is the worst implemented DLC I've ever attempted to play.

Back