Story Quest DLC not working on Epic Games Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Administrator
Gotten to the stage where this is a justifiable topic. over 36 hours later, and still no news on this at all, for those who have purchased the season pass.

Despite saying "owned" on my account, nothing has happened. No download, change in build etc. I have tweeted out to Epic (to no respoNse of course), but can I ask how many people are also in tis situation?

Has anyone gotten it to work on PC?

I'm in the exact same situation as you. It says "owned" (bought the seasonspass on day 1 - may fault) but nothing works. I'm a bit salty to be honest.

Has anyone got it working on the PC at all? Tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling?
Playing at specific times?

I only ask because the content sould be in the game files, and just need "unlocked" at Epics end. But its like they have forgotten or something.

Don't worry, I am salty too about it, and has caused me to lose interest in it to be quite frank.

I don't think anyone has it working on PC yet. Would expect a new download or at least a version change before it works.

Same here. Spoken to many people now on PC, and none of them have it working.

I know that Joel & the team don't really have much to do with the DLC (especially the EGS stuff), but I've reached out to them to see if they can open a line of communication. Epic have a support page where you can fill out your problem, so that might be worth a try, but at the same time I've seen reports that you just get an automated response back.

Sucks to be honest & am thinking of just powering through a save on PS4 to get to it lol I really don't want to have it spoiled for me, and as the hours go on, more and more people will be tweeting/releasing videos about it etc.

Sucks to be honest & am thinking of just powering through a save on PS4 to get to it lol I really don't want to have it spoiled for me, and as the hours go on, more and more people will be tweeting/releasing videos about it etc.

Exactly what I am thinking.

I understand your frustration, but I’d advise you to keep your expectations in check before you spend too much effort on getting this to work. It is pretty basic compared to the Battle Rally. Clearly they need to communicate something.

Just sent the following message to EGS via their support page and will let you guys know of the outcome (not expecting much tbh).

"Hi there. The new DLC "Story Quest Pack" for Shenmue III was released yesterday for PS4 and for PC on EGS. The PS4 players received a small 1.4mb download to trigger the DLC, however, as PC players, we have still not received this. You are advertising this new DLC on the front page, however it has not gone live yet on PC. I do not think that you are aware of this issue. So please message back to let us know that you are working on it."

Support page is here if you guys want to do the same, as I think more numbers will help :- Click Contact Us in the top right and fill out the form, takes 30 seconds ;)

I got an email back from Epic just now, where the rep told me to reach out to Deep Silver about it. The appropriate analogy for Epic's customer service is just:

"Hi, er, FancyTaxiEats! On his way to delivering my food to my house, your guy dropped my food in a lake and went missing. Now I have no food. Please help?"
"Please contact the farmer who grew the vegetables for your meal."
"... what?"

Edit: Could always try reaching out to Nathan Mooney (Epic's CM) on twitter, as I've seen him help with troubles of other Epic games.

Last edited:
It's their app. They need to take responsibility and if there isn't enough outreach they don't give a shit because look at their main game.

Fortnite the biggest scam in video game history.

EGS just pushed an update. 18.4gb lol. Downloading now to see if it's fixed the DLC.

Bit of a step up in size from the PSN 1.4mb :D

Edit:- They tweeted that they have fixed it too.

Maybe they are that sorry that they are giving PC users a taste of Shenmue 4 with that file size :LOL:

Last edited:
Gotten to the stage where this is a justifiable topic. over 36 hours later, and still no news on this at all, for those who have purchased the season pass.

Despite saying "owned" on my account, nothing has happened. No download, change in build etc. I have tweeted out to Epic (to no respoNse of course), but can I ask how many people are also in tis situation?

Has anyone gotten it to work on PC?
It says quite clearly "owned". You've been owned. :ROFLMAO:;)

Just got the same update, 18.4gb, I take it its just redownloading the entire Niaowu section of the game where the dlc takes place along with how many mb's the dlc was.

Happy PC gamers are able to jump into this now. As a reminder if you are starting DLC from NG+ you will need to have completed first fight with a Mr.Muscles to complete entirety of DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back