Stray

Favourite title
Shenmue

This game looks really interesting and charming. I'm curious what the plot/premise will be (if anything) other than playing as a cat in a cyberpunk world. I was mild-moderately interested in it after seeing the teaser, but after this new video with some gameplay I'm on the higher side of moderate-lower side of very interested in checking it out. I'm not sure it'll matter much about plot or direction..just being able to play as a cat may end up being the purrfect reason for checking this game out. Simple may be sufficient, but I have a feeling it may have a bit more depth than that. Unfortunately, no Xbox release announced but it will be on PS5, PS4 and Steam PC.

This looks really interesting! It's definitely a refreshing change from the usual muck that gets peddled out. I would have loved if the world was populated by humans instead of those weird robots but I still can't wait to give it a try.

Anyone going to play this? I've been waiting since last year.

Anyone going to play this? I've been waiting since last year.
It’s pretty good. Very short, but for 25 bones (or free with the upper tiers of PS Plus) this shouldn't be too much of an issue. I’d still recommend it, anyway.

It’s pretty good. Very short, but for 25 bones (or free with the upper tiers of PS Plus) this shouldn't be too much of an issue. I’d still recommend it, anyway.
I'm going to start playing it later today. Have you played Spirit of the North? Or 'the fox game'. I thoroughly enjoyed that for a low budget $20 indie title. Stray looks better, but Spirit of the North is worthwhile if you haven't played it yet. It's about 3.5-4 hours but its beautiful.

I played the tutorial & intro. I like the animation of the cats movements.

I'm going to start playing it later today. Have you played Spirit of the North? Or 'the fox game'. I thoroughly enjoyed that for a low budget $20 indie title. Stray looks better, but Spirit of the North is worthwhile if you haven't played it yet. It's about 3.5-4 hours but its beautiful.

Sadly not, as it looks like my kind of game. I don’t get to play as many indie games as I’d like to as we tend to focus more on AAA titles. I’m glad that I got a chance to play Stray though, as I enjoyed it a lot more than most of the bigger games that I’ve played so far this year. It actually reminded me of Shenmue in some ways, particularly when it came to navigating the walled city.

Sadly not, as it looks like my kind of game. I don’t get to play as many indie games as I’d like to as we tend to focus more on AAA titles. I’m glad that I got a chance to play Stray though, as I enjoyed it a lot more than most of the bigger games that I’ve played so far this year. It actually reminded me of Shenmue in some ways, particularly when it came to navigating the walled city.
I thoroughly enjoyed Stray as well. I am playing through it a second time.

Spirit of the North is on PS Plus for free right now. I enjoyed Stray more, but Spirit is very zen and beautiful too.

I thoroughly enjoyed Stray as well. I am playing through it a second time.

Spirit of the North is on PS Plus for free right now. I enjoyed Stray more, but Spirit is very zen and beautiful too.
I just got done with my second playthrough too (I wanted the trophy for completing the game in under two hours). Ngl, I can’t help but feel that them highlighting the fact that the game can be beaten so quickly is a little ill-advised, though I suppose I was only able to do so because I’d already completed it once.

I just had a look and SotN doesn’t appear to be free for me, which I’m guessing has something to do with me having a UK PSN account still, I’ll keep an eye out for it in future though, or worsts case, check out a playthrough on YouTube to get a feel for whether or not it’s worth buying.

I just got done with my second playthrough too (I wanted the trophy for completing the game in under two hours). Ngl, I can’t help but feel that them highlighting the fact that the game can be beaten so quickly is a little ill-advised, though I suppose I was only able to do so because I’d already completed it once.

I just had a look and SotN doesn’t appear to be free for me, which I’m guessing has something to do with me having a UK PSN account still, I’ll keep an eye out for it in future though, or worsts case, check out a playthrough on YouTube to get a feel for whether or not it’s worth buying.
If Stray was a full price title I could see why the length might be an issue, but at less than half of full price, it's reasonable I feel.

Spirit of the North PS5 version is on 50% off sale right now for the next month.

If Stray was a full price title I could see why the length might be an issue, but at less than half of full price, it's reasonable I feel.

Spirit of the North PS5 version is on 50% off sale right now for the next month.
Personally I have no issue with a game being short providing it’s good and would much rather that than a good idea stretched and padded out. That said, I can certainly understand people not wanting to drop £25 on a two-hour game (5-6 hours if they plan on getting a platinum trophy) when there are so many 30-50 hour plus games available for around the same price. That it’s free on ps plus premium does help in that regard though.

For whatever reason, when I searched earlier, the PlayStation app was only showing me the PS4 with no option to switch to the PS5 version. I just found the latter by going through the ps plus section though and have added it to my library to play later.

I've tried playing this for a few hours, got through the slums and stopped, I was too bored to continue, the gameplay is too simplistic for my taste and I think I've just had enough of the whole cyberpunk neon stuff that's been happening in recent years in games. I even own a real cat and that didn't help, lol. So I don't really get all the hype surrounding this game, sure it's beautiful and has a cat but not much else, imo. A 7/10 of what I've played

Back