Streets of Rage 4 announced

Oh man I am so hyped for this the fact they are including the old sprites and music is just confirming my purchase at this point.

I have to admit I have not played any of the SOR games in depth...is there any reason why the SOR3 soundtrack isn't included? Does it have licensing issues due to added composers or something?
I think SoR 3 is kind of the "black sheep" which disappointed most of the fans when it came out. Maybe that's why they didn't include in the soundtrack, because the game has never been very popular with the fan base.

It's always the third. ;)
Just kidding, not trying to derail the thread.

I did a quick check on Metacritic and it seems to have reviewed incredibly well, standing at 83 points now.

I'll have to check PSN tonight. If it's like 25 bucks or something like that, I might get it. Otherwise I'll wait a bit longer.

I did a quick check on Metacritic and it seems to have reviewed incredibly well, standing at 83 points now.

I'll have to check PSN tonight. If it's like 25 bucks or something like that, I might get it. Otherwise I'll wait a bit longer.

Are you on Xbox? If so, it's apparently included on Xbox Game Pass when it releases today.

Anyone having issues with it launching on Xbox gamer pass for PC? It's not launching for me

Weird that when I type in Streets of Rage 4 on PSN it's not the first thing to come up. Not even the second, I had to scroll down for it.

The combat is
So it turns out this game is fucking amazing.

Damn straight. I made it up to Stage 4 last night. The juggling feels so damn good once you get the hang of it all. Super impressed by this all around. Well, except for the music. The music is a bit generic. Good, but not quite a patch on SOR2's soundtrack.

I also played some online co-op....would totally be up for more of that.

Digital Foundry said it best. It's the Sonic Mania of Side Scrolling Beat 'em ups. Takes everything that was good about the originals and brings it up to date.

Just played Stage 1 on Switch, but so far GOTY candidate

Is there a Steam version? I've heard the Windows Store version is broken at the moment.

I almost want to play this with a SEGA Mega Drive Pad. I have both the 8 BitDo 6 button pad and the wireless Sega Saturn pad that Retrobit put out last year, but alas, neither work with the PS4. I would totally buy this game again on PC just to play with the classic Sega Kidney Beam 6 button pad.

SOR4 is excellent. Goodness gracious me.

2020 has sucked but entertainment-wise, the presence of Shenmue III, FF7 Remake, and Streets of Rage 4 are at least a delight. Great time to be Gen X/Early Millennial gamer.

Last edited:
Back