SUKA PASS: a fan-made Shenmue Passport app

Good catch! We'll adjust it in the next update.

Yes, we've been taking a cautious approach, since this is an unofficial project. At the moment we're relying more on word of mouth and social media to get the word to fans.
I see even though I think Sega would not care. They really don't care much about Shenmue.
There are plenty of unofficial projects of Sonic in the play store.
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Sonic&c=apps

Check your Suka Pass for a festive surprise on the menu screen. 🎄

Sadly I am starting to run into some crashes. It mainly happens when I try playing multiple songs.

@Tsukuyomimagi99 We'd definitely like to stamp these out. Would you be able to message me with some more information, such as what device you were using, what actions you took leading up to the crash, and whether it happens consistently or just occasionally?

QA Testers Wanted!

This is actually a good opportunity to let everyone know that we're looking to form a QA testing team for Suka Pass. It would involve checking that there is no strange behavior or crashes, and that the existing features keep working properly, before each new update. In exchange we can offer early access to try out fresh new features before they have been officially released! 🎈 🎈 🎈

Please drop a message to myself or @James Brown if you would like to volunteer.

OMG!!!!!!!

I really need to read threads properly. I'm at work but will do what is needed. Absolutely awesome work. Always wanted passport behaviour/content so utterly stoked about this.

Grateful to all involved. A real pleasure. Thank you!

Hi, I’ve had this installed on my IPad and tried accessing it today but got a message saying the beta has expired. Tried going to link to download latest version and get message saying address is invalid. Any help?

Hi, I’ve had this installed on my IPad and tried accessing it today but got a message saying the beta has expired. Tried going to link to download latest version and get message saying address is invalid. Any help?
Hi, try the button on the app's download page (I checked it's working fine just now).
https://www.sukapass.com/p/download-page.html

We're planning to refresh the app version on Test Flight soon to reset the expiration period. Thanks for your patience.

The dev team has been rather quiet these last few months but we've been busy! Version 1.3 of Suka Pass is being prepared for release on iOS & Android, and it's got a bunch of new stuff we hope you'll enjoy.

This version brings in the All Moves Scroll page, with all the original text describing the moves. There's also some other neat features like a tracking bar for the music player so you can navigate around within a song.

Here are a few preview shots:
image1398.png

g5382.png

image1233.png

We'll be confirming the release date soon, but we're expecting it to be within a week.

v1.3 features overview: (project site):
https://www.sukapass.com/2020/05/version-13-preview-all-moves-scroll.html

Last edited:
The dev team has been rather quiet these last few months but we've been busy! Version 1.3 of Suka Pass is being prepared for release on iOS & Android, and it's got a bunch of new stuff we hope you'll enjoy.

This version brings in the All Moves Scroll page, with all the original text describing the moves. There's also some other neat features like a tracking bar for the music player so you can navigate around within a song.

Here are a few preview shots:
View attachment 7853

View attachment 7854

View attachment 7855

We'll be confirming the release date soon, but we're expecting it to be within a week.

v1.3 features overview: (project site):
https://www.sukapass.com/2020/05/version-13-preview-all-moves-scroll.html

Truly wonderful amazing stuff from the dev team
Suka Pass is a true love letter to Shenmue. I would like to add a couple things to be added in a future update:

I don't believe some of the minor cutscenes like Nozomi's Flowers or the Ito and Ichiro visiting Ryo at home are in the theater. Though I could've easily overlooked them.

The "Wish..." song by Isayama Mio.

One neat feature could be all of the phone call conversations being included
I think they would be a nice little addition. Though I don't know how easy that would be to rip.

That's all I have for now once again truly appreciate the love and care given by the whole team.

Truly wonderful amazing stuff from the dev team
Suka Pass is a true love letter to Shenmue. I would like to add a couple things to be added in a future update:

I don't believe some of the minor cutscenes like Nozomi's Flowers or the Ito and Ichiro visiting Ryo at home are in the theater. Though I could've easily overlooked them.

The "Wish..." song by Isayama Mio.

One neat feature could be all of the phone call conversations being included
I think they would be a nice little addition. Though I don't know how easy that would be to rip.

That's all I have for now once again truly appreciate the love and care given by the whole team.

Awesome suggestions!

You're not the only one requesting "Wish...", we'll see what we can do for 1.4 :D

As for the other cutscenes you mentioned, Suka Pass just includes the original 50 videos that were part of the Passport Theater, those two were never there!

Love the phone call idea! We have loads of fun ideas we want to include too, so we'll add it to the idea's pile :D

Thanks for your wonderful message!

Suka Pass Version 1.3 is now live everyone!

SukaPass2.png

Check out this fantastic trailer created by @Jibby !

There's also a new post up on the website about this release and you can download the app with the links provided:

If you're curious as to everything that you can do with this build of the app, then check out my indepth overview:

Enjoy guys! :cool:

Once again, I cannot thank you guys enough for this app. When I often write about how detailed Shenmue Chapter One: Yokosuka is; this passport exemplifies that. It shows just how immersive this world can be. So once again, thank you very much for this app and keeping the Shenmue spirit alive.

Suka Pass Version 1.3 is now live everyone!

View attachment 7877

Check out this fantastic trailer created by @Jibby !

There's also a new post up on the website about this release and you can download the app with the links provided:

If you're curious as to everything that you can do with this build of the app, then check out my indepth overview:

Enjoy guys! :cool:

Brilliant work, jumping back into this to explore move scrolls.

Appreciate all your hard work.

Currently watching Shenmue footage on the Sukapass. Its crazy that after 20 years I can watch Shenmue 1 videos and be in "Awe." A truly ambitious game ahead of its time. I can only sum up the Shenmue series in four words:" It was a EXPERIENCE."

Last edited:
Back