Sumo

Who else likes sumo wrestling? Did they ever present this in any of the Shenmues? I know in S2 you had to go around challenging people and some "were" wrestlers. But I am not sure there was actual sumo involved or the rules were using just throws only or something special.

In no particular order

A very likable face and character. :LOL:

Strong man from Georgia.

The Wolf

The underdog and surprisingly very talented and effective for his size.

This was a bit hard to watch. Getting hurt during the match is one thing. It is a combat sport after all, injuries unfortunately are going to happen. But to watch a human being who is clearly not all there, trying to keep going and no one helps or stops them is awkward to say the least... They deliberated a bit later and then asked him if he wanted to continue or not, but...

This shows the actual hit that stunned him, plus a few other things.

I'll talk more about it tomorrow, but I went to the Nagoya Tournament in 2016 and it was PHENOMENAL.

Ok, so:

We left Tokyo at like 10:00 am (or later, can't remember), to get to Nagoya for 12ish, as the tourney started at 12:30 (the lower-ranked guys, where nobody goes to watch). They have lots of little souvenirs, food and nice, big bento boxes with little snacks, to eat; it was good, but among the worst food of the trip, so I would definitely say to grab something nice that will tide you over.

The lower-level guys all had decent bouts and as the day wore on, the arena ("Gymnasium") filled up more and more and the match quality also got better. By the time the top-ranked guys came out, it was awesome, as the place was packed and chants of, "Hakuho!" went on forever, despite him being the last match.

That last match was the best one, btw; I was hoping to be able to link it here, but my wife's IG is private, so can't (a video).

Still, this was one of the best experiences of the trip and a lot of fun!

No photo description available.

Back