Taxi Chaos - Crazy Taxi spiritual successor announced.

As much as I love Crazy Taxi, anyone else feel like they kinda perfected the first time out of the gate and it never really needed sequels?

I remember liking Crazy Taxi 2 but never quite enjoying it as much as the first. Crazy Taxi 3 High Roller wasn't bad but again, felt slightly off. I don't know. I really feel like they perfected Crazy Taxi right out of the gate and the sequels could never match up.

Also, no Offspring? Eh. Crazy Taxi without Offspring just isn't Crazy Taxi (see those PS3/XBOX360/PC remasters)

And yet. I will probably still check it out at some point out of curiosity Honestly, just give me a nicer looking version of the original game with original soundtrack and I would be perfectly fine with that, Sega.

Looks ok from the short teaser. I think I agree with @danielmann861 that the first one might have been all we needed from this series. If they bring back the Offspring, though, it would feel like a boring rehash to me so I hope they do something new.

Regardless of who does the music it needs to be better than what was in that teaser, be it licensed or original because that was about on the level of the royalty free music included with imovie. A fun soundtrack is a must.

Definitely looks fun, I'll probably pick it up. Agree that the soundtrack needs to be fun and in your face.

The soundtrack is synonymous with Crazy Taxi and a part of the experience IMO.

Will definitely be trying it out at launch!

As much as I love Crazy Taxi, anyone else feel like they kinda perfected the first time out of the gate and it never really needed sequels?

I remember liking Crazy Taxi 2 but never quite enjoying it as much as the first. Crazy Taxi 3 High Roller wasn't bad but again, felt slightly off. I don't know. I really feel like they perfected Crazy Taxi right out of the gate and the sequels could never match up.
For me, if I want to play regular old arcade-mode Crazy Taxi, I'll always play the first one. But if I'm in the mood for the mini-games, I'll switch to 2 & 3 which I feel has a much better and more varied selection.

Regardless of who does the music it needs to be better than what was in that teaser, be it licensed or original because that was about on the level of the royalty free music included with imovie. A fun soundtrack is a must.
This was a big sticking point for me too. The music and much of the visual presentation really have a sort of royalty-free knock off vibe to them which kinda wouldn't look too out of place in a YouTube pre-roll ad. Holding my judgement for now because this is literally the first time we've seen the game, but it's definitely something I hope they improve as time goes on.

Looks great! Shame it doesn't appear to be coming to Steam. Hopefully at some point in the future.

Also, no Offspring? Eh. Crazy Taxi without Offspring just isn't Crazy Taxi (see those PS3/XBOX360/PC remasters)

And yet. I will probably still check it out at some point out of curiosity Honestly, just give me a nicer looking version of the original game with original soundtrack and I would be perfectly fine with that, Sega.
Daniel, I respect you, but you're fucking wrong. 2 is the peak.

Nobody @ me.

Loved the original and still play it. It would of been nice to have a few more songs though, the couple that it did have were great, but we needed more. And more play areas too. Would be great to be able to make our own levels. I have not played the newer installments, but I did not like the look of this newer game. A little too out of the ordinary for me with those jumps. Reminds me of that other taxi game in the arcades that the name escapes me, but they tried to be futuristic with it.

Edit: Smashing Drive

Nobody @ me.
Eh can only agree to disagree, New York City just didn't do as much for as me as the hills of San Fran did.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Crazy Taxi 2 or anything, all three games are a lot of fun, just the city layout of 2 and 3 never did as much for me as the first game did. The multiple passengers was a nice addition I will admit though. Oh well, to each their own.

I should go and play some Crazy Taxi...I have the urge now to pull out the Dreamcast and play.

Last edited:

Nobody @ me.
Eh can only agree to disagree, New York City just didn't do as much for as me as the hills of San Fran did.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Crazy Taxi 2 or anything, all three games are a lot of fun, just the city layout of 2 and 3 never did as much for me as the first game did. The multiple passengers was a nice addition I will admit though. Oh well, to each their own.

I should go and play some Crazy Taxi...I have the urge now to pull out the Dreamcast and play.

I think we all know that Simpsons: Road Rage is the only true successor to the original Crazy Taxi. ^^!

I think we all know that Simpsons: Road Rage is the only true successor to the original Crazy Taxi. ^^!

I....didn't hate this game. Sure, it's a Crazy Taxi rip off, but it was fine for what it was.

Although Simpsons Hit and Run still might be the best Simpsons game ever made.

I think I'd be more interested if it was an actual reboot. This feels like the generic cereal your mom buys at the grocery store and tries to convince you it tastes the same.

Loved those crazy taxi mini game challenges.

Back