That drink of Sake with Yamagishi-san

One thing in Shenmue I that I had always wondered about was that charming scene in the park where you learn a bit of history about Yamagishi and Iwao training together and enjoying Sake. It concluded with Yamagishi saying he looks forward to the day he can enjoy a Sake with Ryo. I really do hope that this minor plot point is revisited in the future, but there was something just so touching about the whole scene. I do hope that we can meet Yamagishi-san some day again and they finally have that drink. In his own words: I look forward to that day.

One thing in Shenmue I that I had always wondered about was that charming scene in the park where you learn a bit of history about Yamagishi and Iwao training together and enjoying Sake. It concluded with Yamagishi saying he looks forward to the day he can enjoy a Sake with Ryo. I really do hope that this minor plot point is revisited in the future, but there was something just so touching about the whole scene. I do hope that we can meet Yamagishi-san some day again and they finally have that drink. In his own words: I look forward to that day.
"hy look fohrwerd to that day!"

lol text doesn't properly spell out his voice actor's voice. But my favourite line is always:

"That dryyver wuz inshane!"

Aye, likewise. Was my favourite scene in the series.

Back