The Baoding Balls - Connection with Shenmue?

~ ひかり ~

このまま・・・時間が止まるといい
Site Staff
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4)

Hey guys, today i want to show something really interesting, i want to show The Baoding Balls or The Healthy Balls.
My mother died in 2017, the Healthy Balls was hers, today i was looking at the balls and reading the paper and i saw that this maybe have a connection with Shenmue. In my opinion maybe the Baoding Balls was the inspiration for Yu Suzuki to create the Dragon Mirror and Phoenix Mirror.

Synopsis of the Healthy Balls
Being a traditional product of Baoding City, the Healthy ball is famous throughout China and all over the world.
The history of the ball can be traced back an early as the Ming Dynasty (1368 - 1644 D), when it first came out. Solid at the beginning, it was used to build up psysical strength and limber up the joints, as -well as a tool for self- de-fence, it remained solid till the Qing Dynasty (1644 - 1911 A D), when it was fashioned into a hollowed one with a soundboard inside. Since then, the ball has been handed down up to now and known as "Double Balls of Roaring Dragon and Singing Phoenix," for two balls are usually play together and they sound different tones.

This is one part of the Synopsis, this is the part that have a connection with Shenmue in my opinion, i think the Baoding Balls were the inspiration for Yu Suzuki to create the Dragon Mirror and the Phoenix Mirror, what do you guys think? i think that this is awesome, the Baoding Balls will be in my Shenmue Collection, i know this is not a item that appear in the games but i think it have a connection with Shenmue so it will be in my Shenmue Collection.
This is my Shenmue Channel, thanks guys.

Back