The castle area

But yea for sure the ending was compromised it's a real shame as I was verry happily playing the game and then this really strange abrupt castle section happened with very strange and jaring story threads that didn't really add up

The old castle felt suitably action-packed and climactic to me, despite its narrative flaws (all of which have been discussed many times over). It certainly looked amazing, especially the encounter with Lan Di.

As for Baisha's possible inclusion in S4, if it happens, I think the concept will change to suit its new place in the story. This sort of change of plans and shuffling around is nothing new for the series, as anyone who's looked at the GDC chapter cards will know.

The old castle felt suitably action-packed and climactic to me, despite its narrative flaws (all of which have been discussed many times over). It certainly looked amazing, especially the encounter with Lan Di.

As for Baisha's possible inclusion in S4, if it happens, I think the concept will change to suit its new place in the story. This sort of change of plans and shuffling around is nothing new for the series, as anyone who's looked at the GDC chapter cards will know.
For me outside of the narrative issues it just didn't work for me as it exposed short comings with the new fight engine and felt kinda lame especially when one thinks back at the 80man battle or the fight going up to the roof in 2 ,

Was very underwhelming for me which is a shame as I enjoyed most of the game but I imagine the next time i play through shenmue 3 I will be dreding the final section which is a odd sensation for a shenmue game as usually I have felt so some waight and tension and excitement for the final of the previous games where as this one it just feels flat and lame

Also the use of music give the impression of oh wow look at whats going isn't it an amazing spectacle and well no it's not it's actually very underwhelming and kinda crap and feels like a minor event next to the end of 1&2

For me outside of the narrative issues it just didn't work for me as it exposed short comings with the new fight engine and felt kinda lame especially when one thinks back at the 80man battle or the fight going up to the roof in 2 ,

Was very underwhelming for me which is a shame as I enjoyed most of the game but I imagine the next time i play through shenmue 3 I will be dreding the final section which is a odd sensation for a shenmue game as usually I have felt so some waight and tension and excitement for the final of the previous games where as this one it just feels flat and lame

Also the use of music give the impression of oh wow look at whats going isn't it an amazing spectacle and well no it's not it's actually very underwhelming and kinda crap and feels like a minor event next to the end of 1&2

No it's not; says you.

Maybe when you play Shenmue 3 you can just stop playing at the end of Bailu and pretend the game is over?

Then you can just start Shenmue 4 normally when it comes out.

It's not like you'd be missing much.... you find the scroll at the end of Bailu and then it's off to the cliff temple to find the treasure. You would just assume Ryo rendezvoused with Ren en route to the temple which could be covered in a notebook entry.

As whole Shenmue's storyline has this main weakness that it progresses very slowly.(Because Shenmue games have lots of filler sub plots that are just there to slow the story down.)

In my opinion Shenmue 2 should have ended at the point that 3 ended.(And Shenmue 1 should have had more than just the yokosuka chapter. That chapter was unnecessarily long.)

I hope in 4 they fix this issue.

Back