The Official Gaming Music Topic

PDS is in my 5 favourites, but again, in terms of quality, I just think there are a few better soundtracks out there, that would bump it out of the top 5.

This a topic for when I have more time :LOL:

That is my favourite or second favourite (haven't decided after 10 years lol) MKR tune; just lovely and nice vibe.

That is my favourite or second favourite (haven't decided after 10 years lol) MKR tune; just lovely and nice vibe.
Oh! What’s the other one it’s competing with for you?
Ever since I heard the Floating Gardens track, it’s been one of my favorites in any game. Someone posted this demo tape that the composer sent into Sakamoto Ryuichi’s Demo Street, which is also full of some hot tracks. (Slightly unrelated to the topic, though.)

I find it interesting that the first track is Japan in Italian :LOL:

As for the other guy:

I like the comedy-esque style of the tune lol.

Labyrinth in the Sky and Tokyo Tower are also among my favourites. Taflon by the Sea is a super-chill track as well.

I like the soundtrack a lot! :LOL:

I'll contribute to the thread too. Lost Judgement has a completely new soundtrack, however they have re-used some tracks from the first game, for certain situational bits and I'm glad they have returned:

Want to Date? (starts at 2:13:13)

Just a happy and upbeat tune, caught myself whistling/humming it a bunch of times yesterday

Let Me Solve That Mystery (Starts at 2:04:31)

Another tune that I have been whistling/humming CONSTANTLY, the past 2 weeks.

There are a few others (like Welcome to VR World), but these two are the two I most-enjoy.

So far, haven't heard any true bangers like in the first game (Hyd Lunch's stuff was incredibly-good in the first game), but I am still in the fifth of 13 chapters, so lots of game to go :)

I find it interesting that the first track is Japan in Italian :LOL:
Oh, that's awesome! Had no idea. It does somehow kind of feel like an old Italian cafe sound, with Japanese melodies weaved in, after listening to it with that knowledge. I really like Marble Water the most out of the three, but everything I've heard of his is pretty wild.

I still have a bunch of Phantasy Star IV tunes in my head, long after I beat it. There's way too many to list, but the one that sticks with me most is Laughter. I'll avoid spoilers, but the first time it was introduced in the game it just fit the story and mood perfectly.

A tune that I feel is underappreciated a bit is "Lamb Game between Man and Woman" from Catherine. (I've also seen it credited as "Male and Female", or even with the Male and Female symbols). It's been a while since I played the game, but I remember in the moment it just felt very introspective.

Last edited:
As quite a fan of the Metropolis Street Racer soundtrack, I was delighted to discover this earlier version of "Am I Only Dreaming?"

Someone shit on MSR on Twitter last week about how difficult it is and I went and took a SS of my (sound off by 3 seconds or more :mad:) YT video that shows my immense amount of Kudos lol.

In doing so, I watched about 30 mins of my video and all of the wonderful music felt great deep down and transported me back to that time.

Sounds like the same singer from Sonic R, in Am I Only Dreaming?

This is still my favourite track, simply because of how perfectly they got the nuances and EVERYTHING down :LOL: :

Sounds like the same singer from Sonic R, in Am I Only Dreaming?

This is still my favourite track, simply because of how perfectly they got the nuances and EVERYTHING down :LOL: :

'Tis indeed the same singer. She has some other tunes uploaded, including some MSR demos (or so I think them to be).

Let's Get It On Tonight was my original favorite too! Again, you've perennially good taste. I recall driving around on the lawnmower in London rain to that song. (What a normal sentence to write, hah.)

Back