The Official Gaming Music Topic

This is an absolutely fantastic remake and the remastered music is incredible!
You can tell that a lot of passion went into this project. The options this remake has such as switching between retro(FM or PSG) and remastered music & graphics on the fly with a push of a button is great. But man this music is good! The retro ost was already fantastic, this just takes it to another level...

Honestly, if you are a fan of the original on the Sega Master System or the Wonderboy series in general; you owe it to yourself to check this out!

I love this style of cinematic too, this is from a supplementary series Blizzard are releasing but I think more games (especially budget titles) should consider this approach for cutscenes.

The recent Onimusha announcement got me looking at old stuff for the series on youtube, and for me, coming across this was seriously like hearing the Shenmue theme for the first time in years. Just a surge of love for the game it came from.
Menu screen music, so I've heard it a thousand times, but it's so good and tasty.

I've been trying to reach 5 mil on Yakuza 0's Outrun while listening to this:

Gotta be one of the best if not the best live rendition of a videogame tune.

Last edited:
I've been trying to reach 5 mil on Yakuza 0's Outrun while listening to this:

Gotta be one of the best if not the best live rendition of a videogame tune.
The Sega Sound Team Band is freaking awesome

Almost stuck this in the Japanese music topic, but by virtue of the fact that I first heard it in a game I'll put it here.
Still one of my favorite PSP games too. Top 5, probably. And the soundtrack is excellent even beyond the intro (I actually imported the soundtrack before playing the game; only time I've done that).
Might have to go replay this soon, maybe on the PSTV so I can use a controller and a bigger screen.

Back