Cyberman

Autobot
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Super Mario Party
Nintendo Friend Code
SW-3502-0387-6323

I found this comparison very interesting.

I was disappointed about WCW, I loved their Monday Night Nitros. Why couldn't wrestling stay back in the Attitude Era, it was more fun.

Edit: As for Sega, I'm VERY disappointed because they always had good ideas for video games.

I don't know if it's true or not but there's rumours about a Sega Spartan console in the process and that Sega have teamed up with Retrobit and the console is apparently supposed to play all classic Sega games from the Genesis/Mega Drive, Sega Saturn to the Sega Dreamcast and then new games are included.

I'm wondering if it's a hoax.

I was disappointed about WCW, I loved their Monday Night Nitros. Why couldn't wrestling stay back in the Attitude Era, it was more fun.

Edit: As for Sega, I'm VERY disappointed because they always had good ideas for video games.

I don't know if it's true or not but there's rumours about a Sega Spartan console in the process and that Sega have teamed up with Retrobit and the console is apparently supposed to play all classic Sega games from the Genesis/Mega Drive, Sega Saturn to the Sega Dreamcast and then new games are included.

I loved the Monday Night Wars. Wrestling was so good back then though WCW had some strange ideas towards the end. I just wish the WWE/WCW invasion angle was better. It missed some of the big hitters from WCW like Goldberg, Flair, Sting etc. Though I know the reasons for this.

As much as I'd like this Sega Spartan I think its likely a hoax. I'm sure throughout various gaming gorups on Facebook I've seen this mentioned and its not somethign backed by Sega or even a console at all. More someone trying to get an idea off the ground.

I could be totally misinformed though!

100% true, but it won't be released till next year, which gives you plenty of time to rebuild your savings after I sell you a magnificent bridge I own in Kentucky. PM me for details.

I loved the Monday Night Wars. Wrestling was so good back then though WCW had some strange ideas towards the end. I just wish the WWE/WCW invasion angle was better. It missed some of the big hitters from WCW like Goldberg, Flair, Sting etc. Though I know the reasons for this.

As much as I'd like this Sega Spartan I think its likely a hoax. I'm sure throughout various gaming gorups on Facebook I've seen this mentioned and its not somethign backed by Sega or even a console at all. More someone trying to get an idea off the ground.

I could be totally misinformed though!

I think Shenmue AM2 Podcast told me in the Shenmue Dojo live stream last week it was a hoax but if the console does get released I'm definitely going to buy it because as mentioned in my comment above, the console apparently is compatible with all Sega cartridges & discs, has built-in Sega games from all the Sega consoles and has it's own new games itself. It'd actually would be nice for Sega to be back in business. I really miss Sega.

But yeah, wrestling just sucks now! I'm not a fan of the new WWE logo, it looks stupid, there's no "E" in the WWE logo. If only that World Wildlife thing didn't take out a lawsuit on the brand name initials.
And I miss the Attitude Era soooo much, the most greatest wrestlers and tag teams like the D Generation X, the Hardy Boyz and when Hulk Hogan turned into Hollywood Hogan then formed nWo, it was legen... Wait for it... Dary!

If Bischoff only kept his delusions of grandeur in check, we would've seen Vince be reduced to nothing or, at the very least, a smaller promotion, ala TNA.

They had snatched the Golden Egg from WW and were going strong, but couldn't keep their momentum... same with Sega (I'd think that's where there was a comparison, in that video; haven't watched it yet).

nWo was the best thing to happen to Wrestling, as WW had become incredibly stagnant and boring, outside of a few stables and Japan was building steam to maybe do a crossover.

By coming up with the nWo, it allowed the focus of the world, for wrestling, to stay squarely on North America.

If Bischoff only kept his delusions of grandeur in check, we would've seen Vince be reduced to nothing or, at the very least, a smaller promotion, ala TNA.

They had snatched the Golden Egg from WW and were going strong, but couldn't keep their momentum... same with Sega (I'd think that's where there was a comparison, in that video; haven't watched it yet).

nWo was the best thing to happen to Wrestling, as WW had become incredibly stagnant and boring, outside of a few stables and Japan was building steam to maybe do a crossover.

By coming up with the nWo, it allowed the focus of the world, for wrestling, to stay squarely on North America.

I see TNA as the new WCW, a lot of the semi-retired wrestlers and the great wrestlers worked on there. Chyna even appeared on there but sadly she passed away from intoxication and stupid WWE didn't add her to the Hall Of Fame. Stephanie McMahon and her husband Paul "HHH" Levesque are now both in charge of WWE and because Stephanie & Chyna didn't get along because Chyna & HHH had dated in the past, Stephanie keeps putting Chyna's HOF title on hold. I think she deserves it because she was an influence on the female generation of wrestling and she was a true feminist so she wanted to prove her strong durability by taking on male wrestlers which was rare back then when she was in the WWE business.

I'm still not over what happened to Chris Benoit in back in 2007. Apart from his murder-suicide, he was a great wrestler as well, it's a shame steroids and head injuries destroyed him.

I just realised that I was born in the late 80's and grew up in the 90's and early 2000's so pretty much half my childhood has been ruined. Both WCW & Sega going out of business. I think the reason why WCW had collapsed was because of the money budget from what I remembered in a documentary on YouTube I watched a few years back. It's definitely a big shame.

Back