The Witcher TV series

Peter

Administrator

There is no way I am the only one here who is completely hyped as fuck for this.

I have lost count how many times I have watched this trailer now, and just so relieved that so far, it is nailing everything from Sapkowski's books! The look, the feel, the overall story. I cannot wait!

I will watch it only bc of Geralt, looks amazing. I dont liked the cast of Ciri, Yen and Triss.

We'll see.

She's a child in this. She hasn't begun her Witcher training. She hasn't even met Geralt yet. You do realise this is based on the books right?

would of preferred a tv series closer to witcher 3 game. the game was awesome. this netflix series looks a bit :rolleyes:

a show like the witcher 3 cinematic trailers would of been good.

Huge fan of the Witcher and have collectors editions of all 3 games (not played standalone Gwent or Thronebreaker yet, will at some point) I tried to play 1, finished 2 (best game of 2011 for me) and 100%'d 3 (base game, saving Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone for a gaming drought that hasn't come yet :p). I've also read like 10 books in my entire life which include all the Witcher books (did some of them with audio books which were great!) so I was very intrigued when I heard that Netflix were making an adaption.
As someone who doesn't really watch too many shows anymore, I didn't really have high expectations for this, however, after seeing the trailer I'm super hyped for it! As much as I love the games, I really think that the stories the the books cover (even the short stories covered in the first 2 books) are just amazing. I hate reading books lol and the fact that I managed to get through them just to enhance my understanding of the lore just for the third game backs up how damn good they are.

Really cannot wait for this and am very interested to see how much of the books they manage to cover. Looks like the CGI budget isn't they highest but at the same time, I've never really cared about that kinda stuff.
Don't worry Peter, you're not alone :D!

Last edited:
saving Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone for a gaming drought that hasn't come yet :p)
What

Dude that's the best of the game you have to play it right now. I mean in this exact moment.

Every second without playing those dlcs it's just wasted time of your life!

Reactions: red
What

Dude that's the best of the game you have to play it right now. I mean in this exact moment.

just dont make the same mistake as me. i completed a standard edition of witcher 3 on ps4, then i went back and bought the witcher 3 game of the year edition on ps4, to play the DLC.... but for what ever reason, the game saves are not interchangeable :crying: ( if you want to play the DLC only via the game of the year edition, it automatically ranks you up to the correct level.. otherwise i recommend buying it separately)

What

lol I have my save from when I finished the base game (and went up to level 35 to get that achievement) but it's been soo long now that I'd like to go back and do a full playthough straight into the DLCs. That's like 150+ hours so I just haven't found the time :p It will happen, and when it does, I know it will be glorious :D

People expecting it to be like the games will likely be disappointed, as the original author has a huge disdain for the games and the show is based on his work, not CD Projekt's.

Watched this last night and was pretty cool. Just a panel at Comic Con with some of the cast and the show runner of the series:-

No real spoilers in there that haven't been seen from the trailer.

Reactions: red
Three episodes into this and really enjoying it so far, I actually would have binged it all in 1-2 sittings but I made the girlfriend watch the first episode and now we're watching it together.

I kind of regret reading the first book as I would like to be surprised by some of the storyline but I have to say I'm impressed with how good an adaptation it is.

I completed the first series, i really enjoyed it. Dont know why all the bad reviews, its quite good.

only 2 complaints:
i would of been nice if a little bit of text popped up to state if we were watching the past or present in regards to the story jumping around. it was a little hard to follow but from what ive heard thats what the books are like(?)
&
at first its great to see some nice boobs in the witcher but it does start to come across like its aimed at teenagers.. same for the sex scenes. i prefer if its more suggestive and left to the imagination. .. maybe its just me, thats how i prefer my movies/tv shows ( sex scenes tend to look a bit naff and rarely add anything to the movie or show).

Last edited:
Back