Thoughts on the story DLC

I got the trophy and hopefully noted all the places down without forgetting something.
Can safely say that you have to do these in one run. The Dimsum place should be last. But you can still go to the other places afterwards, at least until the DLC story is done.

I Love Fresh Oyster
Drunk Tank
Crazy Dim Sum
Mel's Cafe
Muren Cafe
Prize Cafe
Cake Shop
Bar River Side
Peking Duck House
Kowloon Dimsum
Bustling Diner
Tables on the Promenade end near Blossom Road
Tables on the Vendor Avenue end near waterfront

I got the trophy and hopefully noted all the places down without forgetting something.
Can safely say that you have to do these in one run. The Dimsum place should be last. But you can still go to the other places afterwards, at least until the DLC story is done.

I Love Fresh Oyster
Drunk Tank
Crazy Dim Sum
Mel's Cafe
Muren Cafe
Prize Cafe
Cake Shop
Bar River Side
Peking Duck House
Kowloon Dimsum
Bustling Diner
Tables on the Promenade end near Blossom Road
Tables on the Vendor Avenue end near waterfront

Ah, I see what I'm doing wrong. The Kowloon Dim Sum location unlocks later on.

Having read that 6 of the trophies for acquiring items are essentially missable because you can't do chawan sign once you've completed the quest, looks like I'm going to stop playing for a while until someone figures out how to get them all. :D

I feel super stupid but I don't understand how locate the first spot with the first note

I feel super stupid but I don't understand how locate the first spot with the first note

You aren’t the only one. It’s very confusing especially given the length and how the promenade runs through large part of the map.

If you are stuck it’s the
chicken emperor store on left as you enter and there should be an NPC sitting at the back

You aren’t the only one. It’s very confusing especially given the length and how the promenade runs through large part of the map.

If you are stuck it’s the
chicken emperor store on left as you enter and there should be an NPC sitting at the back
Thanks! I have been wondering around the Promanede upper part for an hour because the drawing looks like tents in the street, but thanks to that I discovered the tourist NPC that talks outside of the shops!

I have to say the sidequest implementation leaves a lot to be desired.

After my first fight with Blue Spiders I am told to wait to be contacted by Wei who will interrogate them and I should do something else until then.

Of course his character doesn’t spawn by hotel so I try wasting time, hoping he will. I waste 2 in game days with busy work, trying to save/reload and forward main story hoping this will cause him to spawn.

No luck, so I’m saving and quitting now in frustration. Will try to pick this up later on.

Probably you have to advance more in main game story, at least that work in my case. The quest is going open when you advance more in main story.

Probably you have to advance more in main game story, at least that work in my case. The quest is going open when you advance more in main story.

I completed two story beats (triggering auto-save) and both times would return back to location and Wei wouldn’t be there.

I by accident triggered side quest by talking to Ren, surely that wouldn’t be reason Wei isn’t spawning by hotel?

Like I said the fact this is so finicky is sort of ridiculous for stand alone DLC most people will be trying jumping back into the game.

What a hugely frustrating experience the DLC turned out to be. Tried progressing handful of story missions, saving/restarting hoping Wei’s associate would appear next to hotel without any luck. I confirmed I am doing what’s required looking at walk through after first encounter with Blue Spiders.

It appears my only option is to restart whole Niaowu chapter again. Fucking frustrating as hell.

I have to say the sidequest implementation leaves a lot to be desired.

After my first fight with Blue Spiders I am told to wait to be contacted by Wei who will interrogate them and I should do something else until then.

Of course his character doesn’t spawn by hotel so I try wasting time, hoping he will. I waste 2 in game days with busy work, trying to save/reload and forward main story hoping this will cause him to spawn.

No luck, so I’m saving and quitting now in frustration. Will try to pick this up later on.
You need to progress on the story

You need to progress on the story

Until what point?

I don’t think that’s right, because I was watching a live stream and every time the notebook entry said he will appear near hotel Niaowu and do something else, he would run right back to same spot and Wei or at the point I was at, his 2nd associate would spawn at table by side of hotel.

This isn’t happening for me. So what am I missing?

Until what point?

I don’t think that’s right, because I was watching a live stream and every time the notebook entry said he will appear near hotel Niaowu and do something else, he would run right back to same spot and Wei or at the point I was at, his 2nd associate would spawn at table by side of hotel.

Dude, I was having a similar issue but it was just that the game hadn’t loaded him in properly. Try hanging around that table for a minute or two and he might just suddenly fade in. (I’m on PS4).

Until what point?

Yeah me too he was not there until i progres to the first fight with the red snake boss then he appear you need to reach this fight to play every side quest on this dlc

Dude, I was having a similar issue but it was just that the game hadn’t loaded him in properly. Try hanging around that table for a minute or two and he might just suddenly fade in. (I’m on PS4).

That’s not the issue. I pause and wait around as I know NPC’s often when running around take a moment to load.

Yeah me too he was not there until i progres to the first fight with the red snake boss then he appear you need to reach this fight to play every side quest on this dlc

Thanks for heads up. I will try this tomorrow and report if this works as I have a save relatively near that moment.

Stupid question but I got first note and can’t seem to find store.

“Use the note to find the shop”. I haven’t played Shenmue 3 in while but can’t seem to figure out where this shop is in relation to the promenade.

Thanks
Chicken Emperor across from the entrance to the Rose Garden.

Am I wrong or are the blue spiders guys from Shenmue 1. The bald guy being the tattoo artist. And the other guy being the guy from the arcade that says “WHAT IS IT PUNK?”

Because If it is, doesn’t that add to the lore in the sense that those guys are lower rung Chi You Men, and have followed us all the way from Japan?

Needless to say this should have Been part of the main game.

I also like that it makes you actually go to resteraunts more. Before this there was little reason to go to one....

Last edited:
Back